Waste disposal without chipper or van?

paradise

I think thats a bit harsh, the guy is looking to get off the ground, which isnt always as simple as people think. What makes a "professional" anyway? A transit? A Mog? Fancy signwriting that says you can do the job? I think the biggest part of a "professional" is how you deal with the client, how you sell yourself, correctly pruning a tree and leaving the site in a clean and tidy manner, how you go about that is decided by the means to do so at your disposal. I worked for a guy who had a knackered old Morris Traveller to cart stuff away when he started, he just recently sold his very successful AAAC business for considerable sum, and that would not have been thought of when he started out in 86. But he always carried out his business in the aforementioned "professional" manner, regardless of the vehicle or equipment he owned at the time. So come on, give those starting out a leg-up and some encouragement:thumbup1:

a) Having your own transport is a start, I'm not knocking the guy but i think as a bare minimum you need an estate car or a small car and a trailer !

b) Me to but that was back when that was seen as being ok.

c) I do, quite often in fact :thumbup:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest i don`t think you will find many tree companies that will turn up and chip what waste you have created and take it away for less than £50 evenif it was 10 mins chipping they would need to cost in 2 people, a van, a chipper and removal. all this and within 24hrs of you doing a job!

there will be no gain finacially or otherwise in doing this so the price would be full on, at a guess i would think i would want £100 to even think about it.

10mins chipping would be minimum 1 hrs work unless it really worked for them .

Good luck hope you get a set up that works for you.

i would advise just do jobs where you can leave arisings on site, surprising when you give the customer 2 prices 1 to clear site and other to leave how many find a place to put it!!

On the serious side.

I started with,

A Citroen Xara Piccasso and a 5' x 3ft trailer. Had a friendly farmer to dispose arisings and worked from there. Leased a chipper, £3.00 / day (£90.00 month)

and worked away until I could afford an L200 Warrior and a £5000.00 Hydraulic tipper trailer.

Start small, buy the best you can and save to buy better.

IMO He who buys cheap spends more time fixing:thumbup: