262 xp Mag chain brake cover for sale ??

huskywilson

Hi Guys , I have stripped , cleaned inspected and rebuilt a 262xp i purchased a wee while ago , the plastic chain brake was a bit cooked discoloured but is still working fine , does anyone on here have the later magnesium one for sale ? I definately would prefer that one so the plastic lugs dont eat into the casing , its done no harm reallly to the sockets as its not had real hard use on it(other than someone maybe leaving the brake on too long and revving it excessively with it engaged ? ) . Still has the original P&C and all i did was crank seals ,oil pump seals ,new carb kit and a coupe of bolts here and there a better top cover to replace the one which was fairly scuffed and a split in it, so if anyone has a cover , let me know , I,ll do a decent price on a chain brake side cover a I love this thing , it rips , 1991 model with hda 87 carb and thin base gasket :thumbup:

IMG_4636.jpg.48a53e16bad1115097cbf4c0e220038b.jpg

Looks a lot like mine.

Do you run 325 pitch chain n bar on your's as well?

Love both the 254XP and the 262XP, both great lightweight mid size screamers.

Mine's all original still, even the crank seals n carb!

Feed em high octane racing fuel with a good synthetic mix?

And they love you long long time Joe!

Jomoco

it came with the 3/8 sprocket and all my other stuff is 3/8 but only small issue is the k 095 small mount bars , all my other saws are 009 so i had to get a new 18 " bar for it and then a 16 " oregon light one as it came with no bar , but they will last a long time as its a toy for me really:-) ,

it had all the original parts but just decided to replace stuff due to age , it run fine when i got it but was unsure of its past so just took it apart and replaced wear and tear items i just pick and choose which one to use , but my fave now is the 562 xp , i did timed cuts with then with new chains in a 14 inch oak and there wasnt much in it really , but the 562 is so smooth :thumbup:

Edited by huskywilson

haha , never thought of that , did get lots o wee bits and bobs but had not asked about that, I,m away working now on nights for a while yet so wont be able to ask about it ,may I ask how much was it roughly?, I put a bit of money into it already but still be worth it I think to have the proper cover .:001_smile:

haha , never thought of that , did get lots o wee bits and bobs but had not asked about that, I,m away working now on nights for a while yet so wont be able to ask about it ,may I ask how much was it roughly?, I put a bit of money into it already but still be worth it I think to have the proper cover .:001_smile:

I think it was about £50 or ther abouts , I needed it so didn't pay that much attention :thumbup1:

ok cheers not too bad really , i have been looking at the service bulletin and you can get it as a complete part or separately as parts some of which were changed too and need to be got too aside form the cover itself , was it the whole assy you got , just to fit right on ?

ok cheers not too bad really , i have been looking at the service bulletin and you can get it as a complete part or separately as parts some of which were changed too and need to be got too aside form the cover itself , was it the whole assy you got , just to fit right on ?

Yip , fully assy .