I now need a processor!!!

Theocus

Morning all,

What are peoples thoughts buying new against second hand on equipment such as processors etc?

I am looking at the Dalen 2054 due to its 44cm capabilities as all of my wood is from tree work and not bought in nice and straight etc!

But and it is a but, £14500 is a serious cost for a new processor for my business. It will obviously start making money in a sense the moment it arrives but as for life span etc i am not sure.

Anyone know of second hand processors about, i have looked on the usual channels, earborist, plant trader, ebay etc etc etc.

Firewood as i am sure it is everywhere is starting to go crazy, and my over the summer efforts have been destroyed in the last month!!!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

going to be near on impossible to buy a used processor at this time of year. The only time they show up is in spring when guys who could'nt get wood get out the business. The dealers take any they can in part ex, as demand is so high at the moment.

As for the dalen, yes, great machine, but expensive...

Is that price for the base machine, or does that include any extras?

It would appear to be standard with no frills!!! I am sure if i would to start uming and arghing it might gain a few extras!!! If i know a Dalen will last say 5-10 years with moderate to minor useage then i can see it being a benefit etc.

I didnt think there would be many processors on the market at the moment, its just as i am getting daily orders for logs now i havent got enough time to use the smaller tractor splitter make them all up and climb etc. I need a chap whos loves splitting wood!!!

A chap who loves splitting wood will cost you more than a processor. I'm sure Steve will confirm, but the Hakki Pilke 37 will handle arb waste fine. I'm currently looking at the Tajfun 380. Its £2k more than the Hakki, but its got a lot more features and extras that I like.