Top handle saw

Richard 1234

My understanding is:

If you can PROVE the operator has received sufficient training under PUWER to operate said piece of machinery (be it a chainsaw, tractor, chipper, electric toothbrush etc) then you have complied with health and safety and there should be no jumping down hard required.

In the real world, NPTC "tickets" are the easiest way of neatly ticking this box. If you don't have these, you would need other evidence to demonstrate competence.

Thanks but if used commercially without the ticket and something bad happens health and safety would jump down hard on you?

That's different from using one without qualifications being the law. Now you are talking about H&S, good working practices and employers liabilities in regards to employees safety and wellbeing.

If it were illegal, I would have been hauled away years ago:blushing::blushing::lol:

That's different from using one without qualifications being the law. Now you are talking about H&S, good working practices and employers liabilities in regards to employees safety and wellbeing.

If it were illegal, I would have been hauled away years ago:blushing::blushing::lol:

I know it's different but just wanted to be sure I was right before the argument continues 😁

I Did think it was ok not to have the tickets some people I know think otherwise 😬😬😬😬

I know it's different but just wanted to be sure I was right before the argument continues 😁

I Did think it was ok not to have the tickets some people I know think otherwise 😬😬😬😬

It's ok if you are using a top handle at home to cut firewood.

It gets murky if you are self employed using it on your own jobs.

And if you're an employee of someone else, unless you have some form of evidence to state your training then it's probably a no no (in H&S terms anyway)