Jensen 530 hopper

Thesnarlingbadger

Been looking for a second hand Jenny 530 road tow chipper and have come across a couple but one of them has 2 pics on the add, and one of the pics has a pull down hopper and the other doesn't.

Ideally I want one with a pull down hopper as its what I'm used to and like but was just wondering why some do and some don't? Was it a specific set of years where Jensen decided not to put them on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks people.

The one on arborcut? Noticed that too, you'll have to give them a call, don't think there's a difference between years, just what was specified by the original owner. I've got the open version, works fine but would probably go for the fold up if had a choice for storage purposes

The one on arborcut? Noticed that too, you'll have to give them a call, don't think there's a difference between years, just what was specified by the original owner. I've got the open version, works fine but would probably go for the fold up if had a choice for storage purposes

Yeah it was that add, I'll give them a call tomorrow. Yeah I wanted a fold up for storage reasons and I just feel a little safer I guess having that extra distance between me and the rollers.

Think they look a bit cooler too 😊

thats interesting, is it a big defference?

I am looking at the moment for a 530 or 540 at the right price but am willing to wait for the right one to pop up. I figure if I'm spending 10-12k on a machine i want it to be the right one that I'm happy with as its got to keep me going a few years.

So if anyone reads this and is thinking of selling or can point me in the direction of some up for/going up for sale that would be great.

Don't want to waste anyones time but I'm going to be a little picky as I'm sure you'll all understand.