Question on rail size.

Mesterh

Yes you can get 56" rails and move the end clamp down so that they will still fit on a 36" bar fine. Obviously you'll have a fair bit of the mill sticking out but this doesn't make any difference as long as you have plenty of space around you.

I should be doing 60" woodlandpro bars soon.... when they finally arrive!!

:laugh1:

Yes you can get 56" rails and move the end clamp down so that they will still fit on a 36" bar fine. Obviously you'll have a fair bit of the mill sticking out but this doesn't make any difference as long as you have plenty of space around you.

I should be doing 60" woodlandpro bars soon.... when they finally arrive!!

:laugh1:

hi rob, stupid question time

am i rite in thinking the bigger the mill, the more cc saw you need to run the bigger bars, as i have a jonsered turbo 2165, it does run a 24" bar no problem, i beleive its equivelant to 65cc

hi rob, stupid question time

am i rite in thinking the bigger the mill, the more cc saw you need to run the bigger bars, as i have a jonsered turbo 2165, it does run a 24" bar no problem, i beleive its equivelant to 65cc

Yes you need more power as you start to work up to the longer bars. Most chainsaws have a reccommended max bar length. If you go over that then the saw will not last that long and will tend to 'bog down' in the cut.

Really for chainsaw milling the bigger the better with the 90cc + saws being the best for the job...

:biggrin:

Yes you need more power as you start to work up to the longer bars. Most chainsaws have a reccommended max bar length. If you go over that then the saw will not last that long and will tend to 'bog down' in the cut.

Really for chainsaw milling the bigger the better with the 90cc + saws being the best for the job...

i now know wot im getting for xmas :thumbup::biggrin: sweeeeeet:biggrin:

Cheers for the info.

Will deffo have to look at getting one from you:thumbup1: Just have to speak to the boss first though:blushing:

Tell him how much more valuable sawn timber is compared to logs... if he doubts you show him this forum! And as an arbtalk member you get 10% off (I don't do any sort of deals to anyone else...)

Mesterh, dude i started just making planks for some shelves but then if you look at most furniture its really quite basic, with some querks thrown in,giving it that traditional look that people love,if u have a bad imagination like me then just get some ideas from other peoples stuff on arbtalk or check the forum called alsakan mill on the sponsored forum thread

ive made a nice little sum of £800.00 making sleepers from a big job i done rcently

dude once u know wot u can make, sell it to ya customers.

wot i do is when i email quotes and invoices i send a few pics as well of stuff ive milled. im getting a lot of good feedback for definet milling work once the trees are felled, ya just offering another service

hope this helps

Tell him how much more valuable sawn timber is compared to logs... if he doubts you show him this forum! And as an arbtalk member you get 10% off (I don't do any sort of deals to anyone else...)

He he the boss is me (dont tell the missus though!!) what I should of said is I really need to keep a tight reign on spending atm since a lot more is going out than coming in:sad:

But I think I will make my next kit purchase one of these, especially with the discount:thumbup1:

Mesterh, dude i started just making planks for some shelves but then if you look at most furniture its really quite basic, with some querks thrown in,giving it that traditional look that people love,if u have a bad imagination like me then just get some ideas from other peoples stuff on arbtalk or check the forum called alsakan mill on the sponsored forum thread

ive made a nice little sum of £800.00 making sleepers from a big job i done rcently

dude once u know wot u can make, sell it to ya customers.

wot i do is when i email quotes and invoices i send a few pics as well of stuff ive milled. im getting a lot of good feedback for definet milling work once the trees are felled, ya just offering another service

hope this helps

Sounds like you have got it well sussed :thumbup1:

I bet quite a few people would be interested in making and selling the odd garden bench, chair etc from there old tree, sounds like a good plan to me :001_smile: