laptops/tablets.

pete23

prob been done to death.

my laptop is forever doing updates and is very slow, believe this is because I only have a dongle for internet use (the joys of boat life).

any way my wife has a ipad that works perfect all the time on our set up where the laptop is cr*p.

is theres any laptop out there that doesn't need updates like a ipad does?

my knowledge of computers and such is zilch.

thinking of getting a ipad meself as its so good, is there any other type pad thing that you would recommend??

thankyou, pete.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

prob been done to death.

my laptop is forever doing updates and is very slow, believe this is because I only have a dongle for internet use (the joys of boat life).

any way my wife has a ipad that works perfect all the time on our set up where the laptop is cr*p.

is theres any laptop out there that doesn't need updates like a ipad does?

my knowledge of computers and such is zilch.

thinking of getting a ipad meself as its so good, is there any other type pad thing that you would recommend??

thankyou, pete.

Hi PETE how about a iPhone 6 Plus there auto up dates were are you based on your boat thanks Jon

Hi PETE how about a iPhone 6 Plus there auto up dates were are you based on your boat thanks Jon

hi jon, yes based on me vessel.

not interested in iphones at the minute.

thinking about ipad as they seem to work for my situation.

as above my comp knowledge aint good, my laptop seems to be forever doing updates and anti virus thingies.

the only thing that puts me of iphone/ipad is there size, the screen is smaller than I like.

ive seen the new bigger ipad, but 800 nicker!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi jon, yes based on me vessel.

not interested in iphones at the minute.

thinking about ipad as they seem to work for my situation.

as above my comp knowledge aint good, my laptop seems to be forever doing updates and anti virus thingies.

the only thing that puts me of iphone/ipad is there size, the screen is smaller than I like.

ive seen the new bigger ipad, but 800 nicker!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Pete you can get reconditioned iPads I've got on a MacBook Pro laptop fantastic machine or if you know anyone at college you can get 10% discount thanks John

MacBook is what I have, never have problems with speed and only the very odd update. Curious about the dongle, is that on a contract? Do you also have a mobile phone?

dongle is a wireless mifi unit in my boat it has a socket for a external aerial which I have on the roof of me boat.

mifi unit was was of fleabay as was the aerial, but I have a 3 phone type sim card in it that costs £15 a month.

I have mobile that's with orange/ee what ever it is now.

dongle is a wireless mifi unit in my boat it has a socket for a external aerial which I have on the roof of me boat.

mifi unit was was of fleabay as was the aerial, but I have a 3 phone type sim card in it that costs £15 a month.

I have mobile that's with orange/ee what ever it is now.

Ok just wondered. Not many people realize that you can share your network from your phone and log into it from a laptop to access the internet, could save you a bit of cash

We've had a couple of MacBookPro's fry their logic boards. They are great when they are working though!

Apple customer service ain't what it used to be; especially if you are out of the warranty period.

Now I just use an ipad2 for emails & internet stuff. It's good on battery but not any good for doing serious work.

The ipadPro looks interesting but also a ripoff.

What can I suggest?....

Spoon carving!!

cheers, steve