Bobcat Skidsteer

slippymurphy

My case cost me £1200 15 years ago and up to last year hadn't cost anything other than servicing, it wore the bush in the fan belt tensioner so it ran out of line and snapped the rim off the pulley putting it through the the radiator, it came out of the foundry at valiant boilers so was on solid tyres so no punctures, no idea how do it is and it's never had an hours clock, but the Cummins b series engine in it is bombproof and it's probably worth same now if not more than when I bought it, they are very handy and maneuverable when you get used to driving them and don't have to hard skid them when turning on soft ground you can make a gentler turn so as not to make a mess.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're on our second Bobby now, this time a big one, 875 I think? Maybe wrong but it's the really big one. Great tools and very versatile from hedging to grading land to loading logs or taking off pallets. My one issue with them is reliability. We are always mucking about with it and it was the same with the older one. Wheel bearings, a billion hoses and metal pipes, valves, filters etc. etc. etc. Always leaks oil. Maybe look at a more reliable make?

I would personally choose a tractor loader and a mini digger instead but Dad loves the skid. In a tight space, there is nothing to touch them but you will wear out either the floor or the tyres with all that skidding around. Zero grip on wet ground as well.