Firewood Processing Equipment Hire

Marko

we would do 25 8 foot lengths an hour miniumum more if diammeter is 3to 7 inch

Some fag packet calcs put that at about 10m3 of solid wood per day. That I estimate would make about 15m3 of loose tipped logs.

So the costs stack up ok at that as long as you are selling the logs at a good price.

Per Day

Processor hire £200

Wood @40/tonne £400 (bought in inc del to our remote site)

1 day your own labour £100

Total £600

As long as you are selling at over £40/m3 you are making some money.

£50 - £150

£60 - £300

£70 - £450

£80 - £600

£90 - £750

£100 - £900

Hows your calendar fixed for availability, will need to order the wood first.

(anyone got some locally?)

Get it done soon & it will be good for next winter.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some fag packet calcs put that at about 10m3 of solid wood per day. That I estimate would make about 15m3 of loose tipped logs.

So the costs stack up ok at that as long as you are selling the logs at a good price.

Per Day

Processor hire £200

Wood @40/tonne £400 (bought in inc del to our remote site)

1 day your own labour £100

Total £600

As long as you are selling at over £40/m3 you are making some money.

£50 - £150

£60 - £300

£70 - £450

£80 - £600

£90 - £750

£100 - £900

Hows your calendar fixed for availability, will need to order the wood first.

(anyone got some locally?)

Get it done soon & it will be good for next winter.

You might want to take into account that 1m3 of wood does not normally equal 1 tonne. The 10 tonnes you have allowed for will take 2 days to process and you need to allow for travel in both directions and digs if necessary.

Regards

mac

You might want to take into account that 1m3 of wood does not normally equal 1 tonne. The 10 tonnes you have allowed for will take 2 days to process and you need to allow for travel in both directions and digs if necessary.

Regards

mac

The claimed output is 10m3 per day. That could weigh 6-12tonne dep on wood type & % moisture.

I had allowed the conversion of 3-7" trees times the amount per hour as a total m3 for the day. As the wood will get more than 1m3 per tonne (normally) allowing 10 tonne as a cost should put me on the safe side of things. The 18 tonne load would not have to be finished over the two days to make it pay & can be finished by chainsaw & hydraulic splitter.

As he is local to me delivery would be negligible & no digs needed.

could u give me ur postcode ill work out the total cost for u how many days do u want us for we need 14days notice.If u are over 150miles away its minimum 2 days we trave down day1 work 9.30am till 6pm day2 we start 8.30am till 5pm we will have to charge for 1 night b&b we will allow u to book it to get the best price.what diammeter is your timber ?are machine will take up to 12inch.call me on 07875925857 if ur interested regards wyn

Wyn I am just up the road from you near Mynedd Nefyn.

Now I know it will take up to 12" (is the 8 foot the max length? I have a digger with a grab if weights the issue) I can speak to the local guy to see what he has got available for a sensible cost.

I will call once I have spoke to Ralph about the logs.

Give ralf a buzz he has plenty of wood available he supplies me so tell him you want a load suitable for my machine,i will bring my labourer u will not need a diggar it will be in the way weight is no problem we can lift all timber that is 8foot long and max 12inch diammeter try and get aload that is under 10inch it is less pressure om the machine.

here is the total daily cost £250for me machine and my labourer +£25.00fuel cost to run the processor.we will get to yours for 8.30 set up and start break11am 20mins 12.50pm-1.30pm dinner3pm 20mins break finish 5.30 .we will need to a level ground to set machine on so we can manover it as the pile gets bigger.

I am a little nobody lol.

(if you know Bo I am very close to his yard)

Will speak to Ralph tomorrow.

Wont be approaching any customers.

Will all be sold via a sign on the gate.

Plus dont want to do it cheap any way. What do you charge for wood round here retail (dont want to under cut you either) for 1/2m3 & 1m3 loads

Wont need labourer as both me & my son would be here & I work my arse off.

Level area is no probs just laid a track.

As you know Ralphs lorry how long would it take to do a full load?

Does it run on red? If so we have a bulk tank here so you could bring it full & leave with it full (or empty / empty lol).