wireless winch remote setup

dig-dug-dan

I brought a winch crane online, and wired it up to the battery of the truck having bolted it down where I wanted it, then used the anderson plug provided to connect the winch motor to the pendant. It works fine, and has done without fail.

I wanted to make it wireless so I brought a kit on ebay, that comes with the wireless transmitter and remote. The transmitter has 5 wires. Red for positive, black for negative, blue is the aerial, yellow and white for the winch.

I connected the red and black to battery, and white and yellow to the winch motor. Press tnhe remote, it clicks but nothing happens.

have put a tester on it, and there is 12v right up at the winch motor, it just wont turn!

if I wire it back to how it was, it works fine!!!

Any ideas?

QUOTE=mattplace;1360790]I assume you've wired the yellow and white wheres into the solenoid not directly to the motor?

Where is the solonoid? Is it inside the pendant?

This is the one I have

Electric hoist crane 12v 360deg swing 800Kg max lift truck lorry / trailer mount | eBay

It doesn't look like there's a solenoid fitted on that setup but your wireless receiver won't have anywhere near the amps required to run the winch motor. You'll need to get a solenoid similar to the one in the link below and use the yellow and white wires to operate it.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261808163979&alt=web