Any interest in my mill for sale?

Johnpl315

I think it is a great bit of kit, it's great for cutting posts, I like the fact it's so quick to sharpen. It has 4 teeth and comes with a little grinding kit so it's literally a couple of minutes. This is one of the reasons I went for this over a bandsaw. It's great it can go in virtually any trailer or pickup. I also like the fact you can mill large trunks that a bandsaw in this price range might not.

The reason I am selling, I can't make any money milling. It is really hard for me but I don't have a yard so I don't have anywhere to store my milled timber. Because I have no where to operate I can't mill to order but I can't hold much stock either.

In order to make it work financially I think a yard and telehandler would be required.

If I purely did milling then by the time I had a yard and machinery this would no longer be the mill for the job.

I see how this could work for the right person though. A tree surgeon who already has a yard and and wants a way to proscess any butts that come back or an estate or woodland owner who have space and timber available.

It does make me sad to sell it but as a relative youngster I have spent the equivalent of a house deposit in the last year buying this mill, 4 chainsaws, 4x4, trailer, winching equipment, logging arch. I have all this kit, but I am making less money than I was before.

It's also such a gamble for me, as anyone reading my other post oak may know, I just spent £1000 on some oak butts which turned out to have woodworm and be if low value. I am at a point now I have used all my savings and can't afford to buy any more wood.

This is personal stuff and not a reflection on the quality or usefullness of the mill!

You can see the prices for new machines on the turbosaw website.

I am obviously not expecting to reclaim the full amount but I am not going to sell at a huge loss either