What the best 3500kgs tipping trailer thanks

mendiplogs

I loike those Brian James trailers but only the twin axle versions as a tri axle eats into your gross weight and can be harder to shunt about due to excess tyre scrub.

Hi wick that's what I'm worried about scrub and lower gross weight and hard to move around and more money damage tires from bad roads in Somerset large pot holes takes out tyres thanks Jon

Although they are valid points, especially the tyre scrub, they do tow much nicer than a twin, having now spent a few years with a tri-axle every day I doubt I would consider twin axles again.

That tri-axle Brian James tipper looks rather nice.

Hi KIETH all so they come with a 5 year warrantee I've just seen on their website thanks Jon

Hi Johny yours are triple axel yes where is the best place to buy one of these Brian Jameses thanks John

Hi,

I live about 10 miles from the Brian James factory in Daventry so I bought it direct from them.

Mine is a 12ft, twin axle single ram tipper. It has never struggled to tip anything I've had on and I once got a local aggregate supplier to put 3.5tons of gravel on there (before they stopped letting you out overloaded)

I had a tri axle 14ft Ifor with a crane on about 5 years ago and yes the tri axles tow nicely. Whether you want or need to extra stability depends on the tow vehicle. The decrease in payload may be 100kg on so. That wouldn't really matter as with a full load of chip or logs you are already over weight and I don't think the fine would dramatically increase with an extra 100kg.

If I bought a 14ft tipper I would go tri axle though as you would be regularly at 4.5ton with a full load of chip and the extra stability and braking would make it safer.

Hi,

I live about 10 miles from the Brian James factory in Daventry so I bought it direct from them.

Mine is a 12ft, twin axle single ram tipper. It has never struggled to tip anything I've had on and I once got a local aggregate supplier to put 3.5tons of gravel on there (before they stopped letting you out overloaded)

I had a tri axle 14ft Ifor with a crane on about 5 years ago and yes the tri axles tow nicely. Whether you want or need to extra stability depends on the tow vehicle. The decrease in payload may be 100kg on so. That wouldn't really matter as with a full load of chip or logs you are already over weight and I don't think the fine would dramatically increase with an extra 100kg.

If I bought a 14ft tipper I would go tri axle though as you would be regularly at 4.5ton with a full load of chip and the extra stability and braking would make it safer.

Hi JOHNY I will Pm You re 4:5tons what would pull it with then a tractor thanks Jon

Hi JOHNY I will Pm You re 4:5tons what would pull it with then a tractor thanks Jon

Not sure if you are trolling me mr logs or just asking stupid questions.

Just over 8m2 x 300kg per cube = 2500kg + the trailer, including mesh and paneling probably 1300-1400 but im not 100% sure = 3800kg/3900kg Gross.

More if its logs, certainly feels heavier full of logs

I tow it with the truck in the photo.

If I bought a 14ft the extra 2 m2 would take it to 10m2 + the extra weight of the trailer would equal about 4.5ton full of chip. By my rough calculations anyway

Just over 8m2 x 300kg per cube = 2500kg + the trailer, including mesh and paneling probably 1300-1400 but im not 100% sure = 3800kg/3900kg Gross.

If I bought a 14ft the extra 2 m2 would take it to 10m2 + the extra weight of the trailer would equal about 4.5ton full of chip. By my rough calculations anyway

Hi mate you said yours gross at 4:5ton that's off road 👍 I will ring James on Monday thanks Jon

Just under three years, It is very good 0 issues other than I have to charge to battery every couple of weeks.

Yes, I will have another. Look at the picture again and see what a 50.000 mile + Brian james looks like. Bear in mind I am owner driver and the only person ever to tow that trailer. However it is loaded with logs, chip, brash, rakings and heavy machines(for a 3500kg tipper trailer) every day.

It is rarely legal when leaving site with a load on and tows luuuurvely.

Also my Uncle has three new ifors, all plant trailers and they are terrible. The quality is shocking. I've seen better steel used for making kids toys.

All well and good talking about resale on ifors, but I bought my trailer to earn money every day and not fall to bits. Don't care even slightly about re sale.

Thanks for the helpfull answers and info :thumbup1:

Just under three years, It is very good 0 issues other than I have to charge to battery every couple of weeks.

Yes, I will have another. Look at the picture again and see what a 50.000 mile + Brian james looks like. Bear in mind I am owner driver and the only person ever to tow that trailer. However it is loaded with logs, chip, brash, rakings and heavy machines(for a 3500kg tipper trailer) every day.

It is rarely legal when leaving site with a load on and tows luuuurvely.

Also my Uncle has three new ifors, all plant trailers and they are terrible. The quality is shocking. I've seen better steel used for making kids toys.

All well and good talking about resale on ifors, but I bought my trailer to earn money every day and not fall to bits. Don't care even slightly about re sale.

Hi Johny I'm worried resale that are you I see one of your post you say Ifor Poor quality steel well the ones I've seen been good finish I think I will check mine over before I buy one thanks John

Can't wait to see what pickup and trailer PLOGS finally ends up with!