Arb Assoc'-

Bundle 2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either way though.. the principles still the same.

TechCert = Tech level membership.

Andy, Im not sure I quite agree with you although I do wish the framework would/could settle on something and leave it alone...

The AA list those quals that are what "they" apparently regard as level 3...

NVQ/SVQ Tree Work ( Arboriculture)

AA Tech Cert

EAC European Tree Technician

ISA Certified Master Arborist

National Certificate (Arboriculture)-Level 3 (BTEC/EDEXCEL only)

Advanced National Certificate( Arboriculture)

National Award (Arboriculture)

National Diloma (Arboriculture)

It does seem to attempt to at least draw a line where there appears to be so much variation on a theme. I am just curious to know how an NCH which I was awarded with distinction in 2000 is already not appropriate...Is it really not on a par with level 3? If so, why list it as level 3 on their own website?

Just a bit miffed I guess....I have trained in BS 5837, VTA...first aid, Personal Track Safety and I am a licensed QTRA user in addition to that stated in the original post....still not good enough. :huh:

There is another route to M arbor A status via a questionaire short test you can fill out if you don't have a qual that fits the existing bill.

I seem to remember that just after I got my proffesional membership a new pre requil came in that you need to be a normal member for 2 years before you can apply for proffesional status.

Andy, Im not sure I quite agree with you although I do wish the framework would/could settle on something and leave it alone...

The AA list those quals that are what "they" apparently regard as level 3...

NVQ/SVQ Tree Work ( Arboriculture)

AA Tech Cert

EAC European Tree Technician

ISA Certified Master Arborist

National Certificate (Arboriculture)-Level 3 (BTEC/EDEXCEL only)

Advanced National Certificate( Arboriculture)

National Award (Arboriculture)

National Diloma (Arboriculture)

It does seem to attempt to at least draw a line where there appears to be so much variation on a theme. I am just curious to know how an NCH which I was awarded with distinction in 2000 is already not appropriate...Is it really not on a par with level 3? If so, why list it as level 3 on their own website?

Just a bit miffed I guess....I have trained in BS 5837, VTA...first aid, Personal Track Safety and I am a licensed QTRA user in addition to that stated in the original post....still not good enough. :huh:

Well Bundle, i'm just speaking from personal experience.

For example.....

18 years in the industry (15 of which were on the tools),

Used to teach C&G Phase II AND BTEC/Edexcel ND,

Ex contract manager on both area AND national level,

God knows how many NPTC's, competency certs, training workshops, CPD hrs,

More than enough creditable experience to FAAAAAAAAAAR surpass any level 3 qual......

What answer did i get??

'Have you ever thought about studying for our Tech Cert qual?'

Thanks, but no thanks.

I'm now gearing up for the fdSc at Mysercough, with the plan to go on to Msc, and ultimately aiming for chartered arb status with the ICF. :thumbup1:

I went down the fdsc last year NOT @ myerscough, I cannot go back to school & be treated like a teen ,hang your coat up but bags under the table ,

I was allowed to APl upto 50% of the content ,but realistically had much more that I should have been able to

Personal effectiveness Jesus !" wtf I run my own company for Christ’s sake if that isn’t effectiveness in motion then I don’t know what is

I did & still part of me wants to have a formal higher qual , however the pressures of work etc

then a friend said why do you need a degree ?

So I looked at the aims of the course to set the candidate on route for a middle management role within arboriculture.

Oh I already do that . So sod it,

I am not being treated that way & promptly walked out & didn’t go back !! Maybe I was rash , however I know of folks with level 5 & 6 quals That would struggle to work out what the hell to do in the real world

Quals are great however they aren’t the be all & end all As Andy said after nearly twenty years in the industry why do they want to flog a willing horse. not exactly grandfather rights but due credit for the experience & achievements thus far ..

Credit where credit is due

I didnt have an issue with the work, Even the duplication it was being treated as though we were all idiots that offended me

Edited by Yorkshireman