Felling large 100ft pulse pops with squral nest

Pbtaylor2014

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what type of damage? tbh, I just cant see number 5 shot penetrating a trees bark and getting into the timber (unless fired at very short range).

I think we've all seen damage done by squirrels on trees...

I enjoy shooting squirrels and I don't want this to turn into a "shooting squirrels kills trees" urban legend.

He's rite I'm afraid as letting rip with both barrels of a shotgun at a 'squirrel drey' will do a fair bit of damage to the branch/fork that the 'drey' is situated on/in especially if using SSG's, if the tree is to be felled then it's not a problem but if the tree is destined for the mill then that's another thing altogether although anything on the outer limbs is irrelevant as the main trunk is the real prize bare in mind that unless we're talking lelandi or something similar most 'dreys' will be sited higher up on the outer limbs !...:thumbup1:

Firing SSGs up into a tree doesn't strike me as being safe... Do many squirrel shooters load up with zombie killing cartridges before going shooting?

Quite agree with you mate (depending on the size of the fallout area) and to be honest buddy I wouldn't have a clue as to what they use these days, as I said before 'it's been a long time since I used a shotgun' I just shoot air rifles these days and have done so for the last 20yrs or more !...:001_cool:

Edited by TORNADOS7

climb up have a look in there if none home fell it….if there in leave it.. do it some other day. have some respect for wildlife.

Loads will call us soft mate, but that's what I'd do.

Squirrels always have backup dreys.

Any near or in Northumberland will get 32oz of lead though.

6's usually do it.

SSG?

Do you want pictures of you sitting on the corpse afterwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk