550xp or Echo equivalent?

Old Mill Tree Care

You're using the jaso FD oil, which is the highest grade, although I would believe that TCD's favourite oil would be the best option as it is a racing oil (which saps the heat away better).

As a note, there's a heap of updated parts coming for the 540 soon, so you might want to hold off the porting until then!

Anyway, I bought a Husky 550xp with 15" bar on Friday.

Any recommendation on how to 'run it in' appreciated.

Thanks

Al.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I bought a Husky 550xp with 15" bar on Friday.

Any recommendation on how to 'run it in' appreciated.

Thanks

Al.

So you've gone from hating them to having another. Cue another autotune abortion, not wishing it on you of course, but trusting it will disgrace itself sufficiently for one to realise there really is revelation elsewhere. No offence intended but two of your own posts earlier in this thread showed exasperation with the whole Husqvarna / Stihl "problem".

John, no matter how much you try and discredit the autotune or m-tronic systems, it all boils down to the fact that when they're running fine, they're great. It's what puts a smile on your face when you use it that counts.

Sorry, I'm not on a mission to discredit them, I simply think they've done that themselves. How many countless reported and unreported failures have there been of these systems? This forum has hundreds alone. I've got mates with sheds full of sub 1y/o 560's seized, fallen to bits, etc etc. Gone back to using old Stihl 036s and so on, and sod the vibes and fumes. MS461 seems to be the only "modern" saw that has reason to be proud of itself.

Sorry, I'm not on a mission to discredit them, I simply think they've done that themselves. How many countless reported and unreported failures have there been of these systems? This forum has hundreds alone. I've got mates with sheds full of sub 1y/o 560's seized, fallen to bits, etc etc. Gone back to using old Stihl 036s and so on, and sod the vibes and fumes. MS461 seems to be the only "modern" saw that has reason to be proud of itself.

Haven't heard any unreported failures...

Actually I've never seen a faulty 560xp, heard reports of them, seen how to fix them, and suchlike. But I do believe that 50% is operator error when people moan on here. The same problems happened prior to electronic carbs, but now people have something new to blame. Then of those that do use the new tech, 95% don't understand how it works and they're the ones that blame it for going wrong all the time. No doubt that when the strato engines first hit shelves they were blamed for every fault, they still are labeled as inferior by a lot on here.

Educating people on operation would be the best fix, but as you know from your research on fuel and oil, you can lead a horse to water...