price for a job help

Daniel666

I hear you buddy, money is money at the end of the day mate and £250 for an honest day's graft is none to shabby as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't be to proud to accept it although a high maintenance wife, 5 kids + my 1st grandson might not be to impressed !...:biggrin:

Bloody hell .....kids and more :001_smile: I was going to say what was your weekend drive a Spitfire lol ......then I looked at your name again :lol: Ex RAF ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 10' tree doesn't mean anything. It could be 2 hours for one bloke if it's self set ash or the like, or it could be 10 pre topped Connys at 2 men 2 days. One equation for tree pricing is ridiculous.

And your point is? Give him some advice on pricing then.

That's exactly what I'd say if you don't know what to charge you don't know how to do the job!

Very simple you look at Job you know how long it will take you, you charge accordingly. The customer decides wether he wants you or a professional end of!

Sorry but these how much should I charge threads get right on my nips 😡

Well that's a bit uncharitable of you old chap, everybody's gotta start somewhere and how did you come to the conclusion that not knowing how to price for a certain job equates to not knowing how to do the job, if the fella has a felling/crosscut/maintenance and possibly a climbing cert then I'd say he's got a fair idea no, if you don't like this kinda thread why comment ?...:confused1:

And your point is? Give him some advice on pricing then.

My point is exactly what the last line of the quote read! I wasn't arguing with your post, more agreeing to it, but my message stands: pricing like that is not only unreliable, it's stupid.

You want advice? Work in the industry for a couple of years. Find out how long jobs take. Then buy your kit. You'll then know how to price!

My point is exactly what the last line of the quote read! I wasn't arguing with your post, more agreeing to it, but my message stands: pricing like that is not only unreliable, it's stupid.

You want advice? Work in the industry for a couple of years. Find out how long jobs take. Then buy your kit. You'll then know how to price!

Err, is the last paragraph for him or me?

Well that's a bit uncharitable of you old chap, everybody's gotta start somewhere and how did you come to the conclusion that not knowing how to price for a certain job equates to not knowing how to do the job, if the fella has a felling/crosscut/maintenance and possibly a climbing cert then I'd say he's got a fair idea no, if you don't like this kinda thread why comment ?...:confused1:

It's a pointless thread I've offered you the most sensible solution if you know how long it is going to take you charge appropriately simples!

Here's a little bit more charitable advice. The chap should also have an aerial rescued trained groundy if he is going to climb he also needs public liability insurance and as he will need a groundy with these qualifications he will also need employers liability insurance. Not saying by any means he hasn't got all these in place just adding a few more penny's worth of advice. How much do you think I should charge for that?