Constructionline

Buzz

If you stay small cash flow is not a problem, its all the money going out that sucks you dry.

I have customers ringing ME wanting a bill, not me chasing money

I have it on both sides at the moment, people chasing me for a bill and me chasing others for payment...

You're right when you say its the money going out that sucks you dry..... it can be crippling because the boys need paid every week regardless. :sad:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you stay small cash flow is not a problem, its all the money going out that sucks you dry.

It works whatever scale you work at, I've had two customers call today asking for bills, one small private job, an old dear who wants to pay her bill and a client who wants to invoice their client but need our bill and thats for a very large job.

If you keep everything in moderation you will be fine, usually.

Hi Ya Matt

hope things are good for you mate !!

as for this Yep I'd go for it

Does it directly bring in work well maybe not ... however

We did CHas THen I did the Constructionline

then onto Iso 9001 & did look at 14001 & 18001 I'll come back too

Okay the main benefit of these is it helps you

to order your in house systems, one leads to another , they aid Pqq as are often pre qualifiers man gain is you streamline your procedures & it highlights potential weaknesses

Constructionline is better on the pocket than Chas , the one thing that grates on me with chas is you go through the annual audit pay your money to be compliant & then have to pay again to be accreditated ie you can use logos & get a certifiate

once thats it place you can move onto others.

Loved the results of getting Iso 9001 but boy is that a chore !!! A serious head feck

not that we werent too far away but its the checking & double checking to make sure your bomb proof

the mantra Can WE prove We do what We say WE do Paper trail

Looked at 14001 thats more about what you do with your printer cartridges Etc imo so NOT THAT bother Ta & 18001 the Chas is ample to deal with that but one or the other horses courses

the next one im doing is H&S Iosh well just finished it fingers crossed havent had my results in yet !!!

ANy more Q's give me a bell you've got the number always happy to chat

Iain

Edited by Yorkshireman

I completly disagree mate ! Cash flow is a directly linked to base lines and profitability regardless of the size of your clients or turnover of your business.

If your a small biz doing just domestic work but all your kits on tick and you have high overheads your far more likely to have cash flow problems than somebody who owns most of their kit outright doing the same work. They are also generally speaking able to react to market fluctuations alot easier with lower overheads as well.

The same goes with the larger contracts, high overheads and big finance will lead to disaster on the cash flow front.

Bottom line is do what ever work suits your skill level, personal circumstances, and overheads.

It's taken me 10 years to build the relationships I have now with the larger clients. I would still take on domestic work though as I enjoy it and sometimes it suits.

Hi Ya Matt

hope things are good for you mate !!

as for this Yep I'd go for it

Does it directly bring in work well maybe not ... however

We did CHas THen I did the Constructionline

then onto Iso 9001 & did look at 14001 & 18001 I'll come back too

Okay the main benefit of these is it helps you

to order your in house systems, one leads to another , they aid Pqq as are often pre qualifiers man gain is you streamline your procedures & it highlights potential weaknesses

Constructionline is better on the pocket than Chas , the one thing that grates on me with chas is you go through the annual audit pay your money to be compliant & then have to pay again to be accreditated ie you can use logos & get a certifiate

once thats it place you can move onto others.

Loved the results of getting Iso 9001 but boy is that a chore !!! A serious head feck

not that we werent too far away but its the checking & double checking to make sure your bomb proof

the mantra Can WE prove We do what We say WE do Paper trail

Looked at 14001 thats more about what you do with your printer cartridges Etc imo so NOT THAT bother Ta & 18001 the Chas is ample to deal with that but one or the other horses courses

the next one im doing is H&S Iosh well just finished it fingers crossed havent had my results in yet !!!

ANy more Q's give me a bell you've got the number always happy to chat

Iain

Thanks Iain may well be picking your brains in the next few weeks mate !