UK Open Tree Climbing Competition

Josephine Hedger

Hi everyone.

UK Open TCC is being held by Arbor Venture and being run under ISA rules. Preliminary events - Footlock, Throwline, Aerial Rescue, Work Climb and Speed Climb. Top climbers go through to the Masters climb to show their skills and techniques. Open to all, from complete Novice to experienced old timers. The emphasis is on fun and education so if you've always wanted to give it a go this would be a great comp to start at.

The UK&I currently have no ISA Chapter so we wanted to hold a comp to keep the spirit alive.

DATE: 29th & 30th Aug

Camping on site, and lots of local hotels/b&b's.

We need climbers to pre register so we can organise food, t-shirts, toilets etc.

Entry fee is to cover the above and insurance.

Look forward to seeing some of you

Hi Jo, well done for putting this together. Does the winner of this qualify for the worlds or is that now out of the window?

Hi Steve...unfortunately we cannot send climbers to the euros or worlds. this is a great shame, but as our chapter is in limbo land we are not eligible to send climbers. We have had such good talent over the years i wast to keep the comps going so new comers get to learn from experienced climbers

Will we be required to climb both days or is it two comps on two days?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The prelims, the five main events, are being held on the saturday. This is for all climbers. The sunday will be the masters event, where the top number of climbers, probably around 5/6, will climb. If you can only make the Saturday then this is no problem

• 3 weeks later...