Larger disc chippers

arc

Ahh this old chestnut lol

Steve I have experience of the bigger TP chippers and have crane fed the smaller TP230 with a roof mounted Valmet. I would avoid disc chippers for all the reasons Ed states.

Heizohack are brilliant chippers, very agricultural but good chippers.

Ed will allways recommend yank chippers...the build quality is agricultural BUT stronger i think than teh Heizohacks. The 16" Dynamic Conehead I crane fed is easily as good if not better in some ways than the comparable Heizohack.

---------

For the use you specify yes you maynot want to produce biomass but for site clearance you will want a strong chipper.

Alec will be expensive to stick a Heizohack on any type of base unit but it would be a quality piece of kit.

If it was me i'd be sourcing an American chipper of between 12-18" capacity and putting it on a road tow chasiss to pull it to site behind either your Mog, a 7.5 tonner or your Unimog.

Have a search it's amazing the value for money you can get with the American chippers even if you sourced one in the US and imported it.

With regard to spares etc. I think people forget chippers are very simple machines, motors, pumps bearings and engine spares can all be sourced easily IF you now who to speak to and where to look.

Failing that Steve just get us in to do your site clearance jobs mate ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats the fella marc, i noticed the chip was splintery, the winch is great but i havent had it on a job yet to give it a run

Its always the last bit of cord wood going through that would shatter or go through sideways and come out as long splinters, no good if you sending the chip off to a power station as they may reject the load.

Its always the last bit of cord wood going through that would shatter or go through sideways and come out as long splinters, no good if you sending the chip off to a power station as they may reject the load.

I always thought that too - till I saw a big Jenz screened chipper working, and saw the huge splinters and oversize they manage to blow through the screen. The Heizohack is probably the best at not producing oversize, due to its small diameter rotor, but even one of them will spit 4" sticks from log ends through the screen.

I've never been able to grasp that whole thing about splintery chip into power stations.... they're only going to burn it anyway.

Same up here with Norbord at Dalcross..

Had a load rejected from them last year as they said the logs we sent in were not sned clean enough..

Cutting 3m chipwood we never sned it as clean as say a 2.4 strainer log or a 3.7 sawlog but even the chipwood is alot cleaner than some of the crap i've seen the harvesters send in.

Heres a couple of vids for comparison

Dynamic 510 140hp, 700 x 450mm infeed. Ever struggle with a limby pine tree? heres how to sort them out...

Dynamic Manufacturing Corporation - Discover the Cone-Head Advantage!

equivalent heizohack

YouTube - Déchiqueteuse HEIZOHACK HM8 500K

I think these two vids show the two machines at there best jobs. I would not want to put limby bushy pine through a Heizohack, but chipping dry slab, its absolutely brilliant.

Edited by Mr Ed

I always thought that too - till I saw a big Jenz screened chipper working, and saw the huge splinters and oversize they manage to blow through the screen. The Heizohack is probably the best at not producing oversize, due to its small diameter rotor, but even one of them will spit 4" sticks from log ends through the screen.

Thats intresting to know, someone i work for has a big biomass contract chipping cord wood straight into a barn at a local estate, the estate has been complaining the chip isn't a 100% uniform G5. Only less than 2% is over, they reckon someone with a Heizohack can produce 100% G5 chip.

I've never been able to grasp that whole thing about splintery chip into power stations.... they're only going to burn it anyway.

Same up here with Norbord at Dalcross..

Had a load rejected from them last year as they said the logs we sent in were not sned clean enough..

Cutting 3m chipwood we never sned it as clean as say a 2.4 strainer log or a 3.7 sawlog but even the chipwood is alot cleaner than some of the crap i've seen the harvesters send in.

Ever seen Bryan Harpers big Morbark chipping at full chat there? 1200hp V12 twin turbo, filling a walking floor trailer in 10 minutes...