Tree ID with no photos!!

Rupe

Sorry no photos!

I looked at some work today and was asked about a tree in the neighbouring garden, i.e. what is it?

I couldn't get too close and I had no camera with me, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll be able to look it up and I'll recognise it then.

It had a trunk that looked like a plane tree with scaly bark in smaller scales than a plane but very similar. Leaves were like Beech but a bit bigger, lighter green and the tips of many of the leaves was a pink reddish colour?

Is that enough info for someone to get me started?

Thanks

Sorry no photos!

I looked at some work today and was asked about a tree in the neighbouring garden, i.e. what is it?

I couldn't get too close and I had no camera with me, but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'll be able to look it up and I'll recognise it then.

It had a trunk that looked like a plane tree with scaly bark in smaller scales than a plane but very similar. Leaves were like Beech but a bit bigger, lighter green and the tips of many of the leaves was a pink reddish colour?

Is that enough info for someone to get me started?

Thanks

Fagus platanoides 'Reddish tip'?:sneaky2:

.......sorry!:crying:

Coigue beech- nothofagus dombeyi has vaguely similar sounding bark and leaves can become reddish. A pointer maybe?

Erm, looked at that, the leaves are not big enough. I also looked at Lime leaf maple which looks liek a possibility but i can find no reference to the tips of the leaves going reddish.

Persian Ironwood Parrotia persica?

That'll be it then!! Thank you. Should have guessed it. Maybe if I was closer, excuses excuses. Cool, my book mentions the tips of leaves turning red early so that will be it.

Thanks.