stihl whinge

Charlieh

just got a new stihl bt45 wood auger out for a job in the morning, go to open the fuel tank and its full and just ditched a load of 2stroke mix down me, :blush: my bad, anyway pull and pull and pull and nothing, its not fireing, the ht lead has a pulse so i pull the plug and its covered in a reddish discolouration (almost plasticy)? i havent seen anything like it before, it looks like the top of the piston has it on it as well so im going to ring the dealers in the morning and give them such a ear full,

i wouldnt be so annoyed but the last one we got out on a job without testing it, guy operating it pulled it a couple of times and nothing so i said pass it here, i pulled it and it sounded and felt odd, flip it over and low and behold, no fricking spark plug, seriously i dont know how they have built up the reputation they have for decent kit if this is how they carry on,

rant over, that will be 2hrs work in the morning lost unless i just plod on with the battery drill, even so i will have to drive to the dealers 30mins in the opposite direction at some point

just flushed the tank twice and had loads of dirt and fines out, have put it into a bottle to take to the dealers to show them, wonder if they have tested it with crappy fuel, anyway fresh aspen and a spark plug out the trust 346xp and plenty of pulling and primeing seems to have cleared it, runs up first pull now, still not happy that ive had problems with two brand new machines