Dolmar PS420sc

Luckyeleven

The Makita version of the 5000 is a real steal! Buy the 'farmers saw' you geta 3/8 chain on 18inch bar, comes in a metal box with all the other usual bits for £350. If im right in saying the Dolly is £450-£500 (i might be wrong though!!).

If you talk to TCD, there are differences between it and the Dolmar - id love to see tgese saws running side by side.

Even so, the Mak is still a very good saw at a stupid price :thumbup1: if you can put up with the wrong colour

They are defianetly a darker blue now and the proffesional line is better with the black top cover :thumbup::thumbup:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you are sort of right The farmers version of the Makita dcs 5000 in the Dolmar livery is the PS-500 which is the farmers saw and it is indeed approx £40 - £60 cheaper but it is down on power and it is 8 ounces of baccy heavier

The dolmar equivalent of the makita EA5000p is the PS-5105c

They are defianetly a darker blue now and the proffesional line is better with the black top cover :thumbup::thumbup:

Ahh good info Shavey :thumbup: its still a good saw though, bargain price!

I thought my new Mak was just darker blue because its new :001_rolleyes: looks stunning with the black hood - expected it to come with the old grey one...

Ahh good info Shavey :thumbup: its still a good saw though, bargain price!

I thought my new Mak was just darker blue because its new :001_rolleyes: looks stunning with the black hood - expected it to come with the old grey one...

No yours is the last model to be built by makita/dolmar no they've stopped production of the 6401 and the 6410 an they've been replaced by the EA6100p and the PS-6100

They are good value :thumbup::thumbup:

Is the current Makita 5000 any good?

I've fixed (for resale) a couple of a DCS5000s, and they were very nice and zippy to use, BUT they imploded at the drop of a hat. I think they were used by the UK army for a bit.

Typical of the UK military to invest in under-tested, shoddy kit! Probably paid twice the going rate for them too!

:thumbdown:

Probably ironed out the issues now though (and the UK military has probably moved on to whatever the current least tested, least dependable saw is).

Is the current Makita 5000 any good?

I've fixed (for resale) a couple of a DCS5000s, and they were very nice and zippy to use, BUT they imploded at the drop of a hat. I think they were used by the UK army for a bit.

Typical of the UK military to invest in under-tested, shoddy kit! Probably paid twice the going rate for them too!

:thumbdown:

Probably ironed out the issues now though (and the UK military has probably moved on to whatever the current least tested, least dependable saw is).

Yes the army and Royal Navy have hundreds of makita chainsaws all round the world correct me if Iam wrong but a lot of ther power tools are makita

and the DCS 5000 is quite an older model now they have had the dcs5030 and dcs5031 since and now the Ea5000p :001_cool:: :thumbup:

Haven't heard much about the ea5000 but hopefully it will be same as the dolmar5105

Take an anti-sawtroll tablet quick. You need the immunity before the infection tries to get you and steal your joy about your new saw...

ha, ha I bet ST will be along soon to tell you off!

The Makita version of the 5000 is a real steal! Buy the 'farmers saw' you geta 3/8 chain on 18inch bar, comes in a metal box with all the other usual bits for £350. If im right in saying the Dolly is £450-£500 (i might be wrong though!!).

If you talk to TCD, there are differences between it and the Dolmar - id love to see these saws running side by side.

Even so, the Mak is still a very good saw at a stupid price :thumbup1: if you can put up with the wrong colour

yes, way off the mark

I have seen the Dolly420SC for 359 euros or about £255 on amazon.de - its £325 from amazon.co.uk although I suspect you can do better in the UK from a dealer

N

Edited by NFG

yes, way off the mark

I have seen the Dolly420SC for 359 euros or about £255 on amazon.de - its £325 from amazon.co.uk although I suspect you can do better in the UK from a dealer

N

The best price I've seen at the moment for a PS-420sc which made me smile

was €775 in Ireland how many do you want at that price NFG :lol::lol:

yes, way off the mark

N

No sorry i wasnt talking about the 420 atall - i was replying to Jesse talking about the larger 50cc Mak and Dollys.

Achtung!

[ame=http://www.amazon.de/Dolmar-700420012-Benzin-Motors%C3%A4ge-PS-420SC-38cm/dp/B0014E6RT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437478934&sr=8-1&keywords=Dolmar+420]Dolmar 700420012 Benzin-Motorsäge PS-420SC 38cm, 2,2 kW, 42,4ccm: Amazon.de: Baumarkt@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Eo1udyPRL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Eo1udyPRL[/ame]

N