Cheap stand in Saw

rob39

Hi guys

Need a new saw (stand in only planning on getting a husq at xmas)

What do you guys feel about the ebay saws. All I'm using it for is general tidying up fallen trees and branches (in my own wood). I'm fully aware of the quality issues but just need something half decent to get going until xmas

20" & 12" Petrol Chainsaw With 2 x Bars, 2 x Chains, 2 x Bar Covers & Carry Case | eBay

58cc Petrol Chainsaw with 16" & 20" Chains and Bars. TIMBERPRO Chain Saw Kit | eBay

They are essentially the same saw . Made in the Zomax factory in China and rebadged for every and any market . Never used one myself but heard of starter mechanisums falling apart , brake handles breaking , soft bars and generally pants construction . Then for £60 what do you expect . I would avoid myself but if you have no other options it might last you a short while . The other alternative is to look at a second hand pro saw ......?

If you're determined to get a cheapo saw, I'd buy one from Lidl or Aldi since at least you'll get a decent 1-3 year warranty.

Usually around £70 ish.

Mitox are supposed to be ok (and you can get spares) but they're over £100.

Hi guys

Need a new saw (stand in only planning on getting a husq at xmas)

What do you guys feel about the ebay saws. All I'm using it for is general tidying up fallen trees and branches (in my own wood). I'm fully aware of the quality issues but just need something half decent to get going until xmas

20" & 12" Petrol Chainsaw With 2 x Bars, 2 x Chains, 2 x Bar Covers & Carry Case | eBay

58cc Petrol Chainsaw with 16" & 20" Chains and Bars. TIMBERPRO Chain Saw Kit | eBay

My 58 cc chinky saw has brought 15 tonnes of 40 to 50 inch diameter back to my store for me. It was advertised as 22 inch bar which is why I bought it. Actually 20 inch which was a disapointment but it has bags of torque quite low down and did the job. It was either a saw

for £69 or a bigger bar and chain for a one off did not make sense. I was also interested to see what they were like. That's why I bought it.

The saw comes with a rubbish chain followed closely by a poor bar but it did the job, just needed adjusting almost every tank of fuel. Engine is still fine and it starts as well as my husky or stihl. Probably warrants a good bar and chain. Chain tensioner is a bit primitive, just

a slotted bolt but two bar clamping nuts so that's OK. To sum up you get what you pay for

but for a small amount of wood then its worth a chance IMO.

Thanks guys, How about the raptor chainsaws.

58cc Petrol chainsaw | Petrol Chainsaws | Petrol Chain Saw £79.99

Looks similar to mine but with a fuel primer I think. These cheap saws probably are a bit potluck and require mechanical sympathy although mine has had to endure bar length cuts from day one. If you at going to bounce a saw around then best get a s/h stihl or husky etc. That said we have had the plugs out on our 540T and 365 many times for the same amount of wood cut by my Chinese deko. The ad says the raptor has Oregon cutting gear so might be worth a go. Your money your choice, read the reviews on it then decide.