Bit of shooting (if easily offended don't look)

jARBy

With all due respect you want to solve a rabbit problem and you shoot one of its only predators I'm confused ?

Surprisingly enough, foxes don't take many rabbits, unless they are weak or mixy, in which case they are not a problem anyway for long, otherwise the rabbit/fox population would balance itself.

A fox's main diet, consists of far smaller prey animals than rabbits usually, voles, mice, rats etc.

If he is near a pheasant shoot , any poults they release would be easy pi kings for Tobey Charles Freddie.

Also this, Pheasant shoot requires fox control, and bunnys and muntjack.

Only a small shoot, on a tight budget, and gets very heavily populated with foxes which ramps up the costs dramatically if not controlled.

There is an unnaturally dense population of food, when the poults go in, and therefore an unnaturally dense population of predators, so control is the only sensible option.

In my experience, foxes don't move into to territories quite as quickly as you'd expect so popping out with the rifle every now and then does keep the numbers to a sensible level, no one that i know wants to see foxes totally removed, sensibly just controlled.

Will the hides and meat be recycled?

easy-lift guy

Indeed they will, not all of the pelts will be used unfortunately as i often use them for fishing flies, and training dummies (for dogs), and 16 is more than i need.

All the rabbit meat goes into burgers etc, plus a few given to friends here and there... when i was younger i used to sell them to the butcher for £1 a piece, no such luck now though, rabbit meat no so popular these days.

Honestly not intending to offend anyone, or wind anyone up, i just thought id show what i got up to when not working.

There is not a single rabbit on this estate, its been like it since the sixties, so controlling a fox is to save the ground nesting birds on the moss/bogues (snipe, woodcock, ducksetc). Oh and my chickens.

And to control the urban foxes that the rspca release into the contryside

Yes , how irresponsible and illegal are these people.

Some of those animals only have three legs too.

My mate loves when they bring him tame foxes to shoot.

My brother used to work on a golf course. Some of my favourite memories are of going out at 2am in the morning in a golf cart with a rim fire for some lamping :)

Nothing beats a bit of shooting. I love shooting grey squirrels :)

Yeah grey squirrels are everywhere round here :thumb down:

I take my nephew out with the air rifle for them sometimes.

Would be nice to see a red one day, because i never have...

my dog has caught a few greys this year, if they are caught out in the open like....... and the neighbours guinea fowl too :lol::lol:

I got in trouble for that one!