Tipping Trailers

18 stoner

IMO you simply can't beat Ifor Williams trailers

Sure lee there are a lot of avid ifor followers, but i hear that they dont use anyone elses components now and make everything in house. Perhaps this could have affected the finished article- i have heard of other people not being as happy with the newer trailers, as ed says.

We also have anther god manufacturer quite local to us, Edwards Trailers, they make a comparable trailer to ifor, but they and Atlas seem to be around £1200 cheaper.

That looks like a very good trailer for the price even more appealing as its on proper leaf springs. I've just picked up our shiney new trailer today from Ifor Williams and its not true that they make all parts in-house some are still bought in. In my oppinion quality has slipped over the years but I think thats a victim of their own success as they speed up manufacturing.

Matt

• 4 months later...

Ok, started this thread a while ago and now im sorted.

Found out about the atlas trailer, and it seems they are well built, chinese, ifor rip off.

So, i ended up with this;

landyabigailwork6120700cq0.jpg

Its actually a Graham Edwards 6`x10` tipper.

I wanted it upgrading from standard 2700kgs to 3500kgs as i tow with a landy, so they built the chassis specifically for this trailer, upgraded axles and coupling.

With gready boards it will carry 6 cube of chip.

Sorted.