Shameless Facebook request

Stompy

Yep i'd agree the rotor speed / engine speed / flywheel rpm would be the performance maker. If the no stress is kicking in then the new engine must be too under powered or its labouring more than it should. It may sound silly but is there any way to adjust the throttle up further on the new engine? My brother highlighted to me that the 23hp briggs engine is the same found on many ride on mowers and they run around 500 - 2000 rpm higher (depending on the model) than the chipper is at the moment!

Are the blades nicely sharp and have you tried it with newly sharpened blades to see if that makes any difference??

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand new blades James! I have had to max out the throttle by clamping the throttle cable with the throttle held fully open to get the 1740rpm that they are saying is the top rotor speed of my machine now - I have no way of verifying the engine speed now compared to before but I reckon it is way down. Interesting what you are saying about the engine speed in other applications......I think the dealers are keen to get tachos on it to see what gm have done because they didnt tell them about it....i'll keep you posted but i have heard another story of the 130 needing a new engine...no details though...

It's a slippery slope! All liked......

I've worked out how to 'like' from my Woodlouse page (rather than my personal one)- you go to the page required, then click on the three dots beside the Message button. This opens up a menu of options, one of which is 'Like as your page'.

Will.