Rope guide/saver

DrewB

cut the end off a funnel and tape that on bro and it should work sweet. Thats what i did for ages. Itll retrieve better witha flick rather than a pull. Start putting it in tight crotches and see if you can get it stuck.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cut the end off a funnel and tape that on bro and it should work sweet. Thats what i did for ages. Itll retrieve better witha flick rather than a pull. Start putting it in tight crotches and see if you can get it stuck.

Done that 2day and shall see how it goes tomorow, :001_cool:

Drew that looks a lot great mate.I am waiting to hear a price.

A mate of mine Scott Sharpe was showing me his new retrieval redirect made with two revolvers and two webbing runners ( the top runner slightly longer so the revolvers sit even) which was pretty cool. BUT he said do u notice anything about the spliced eye?

He had spliced it with the core still in it.

pics!!!!!!!!!!!!:001_smile:

not sure if this is what you meant rob but this is what ive been playing with for a while, stops the potential for the pulley to slip through the lge spliced eye by using two revolvers instead. If using a cocoon the traditional RG way then ive been playing with choking the rig down and found it retrieves exactly the same. I think the pictures will make sense. Im posting the pics after talking with Chris Cowell about the shock load potential if the cocoon pulls through the eye due to the thinness of the webbing.

P9080758.jpg.e8804b285ac1773f62a4a6baa7860c75.jpg

P9080757.jpg.6c3ac1d4ea029e5a002b56ec754356f8.jpg

P9080755.jpg.5d49b0319af42429199bb1728170a89b.jpg

P9080754.jpg.26ca6cdcb12dfa385c9d53c58031be73.jpg

P9080753.jpg.9a461e21b87b0f11dfc3dc3624b70480.jpg

First 2 pics show that you do not need a branch unions to attach ropeguide and can be choked onto poles and yet retrieval is just as easily.... What more do you want... Someone had his thinking cap on too figure that one out....Nice is working on mine nicely..