Dolmar

luap

Here is my Makita DCS 520. 18 inch bar. I realy like it. Seems very powerful for a 50cc 18 inch bar. You can tell its well made its built with to suvive a nuclear bomb. It is on the heavy side of life you do not want to go fast snedding with it. For felling & fire wood ect. Its great very torque motor. The sprocket on the clutch end is pretty worn where does one go for makita or dolmar parts?

20150406_192101.jpg.411fa1d5115aad7badd2fef2ba89aa19.jpg

Here is my Makita DCS 520. 18 inch bar. I realy like it. Seems very powerful for a 50cc 18 inch bar. You can tell its well made its built with to suvive a nuclear bomb. It is on the heavy side of life you do not want to go fast snedding with it. For felling & fire wood ect. Its great very torque motor. The sprocket on the clutch end is pretty worn where does one go for makita or dolmar parts?

Your saw looks good I have all the bits you need here are you running 3/8 or .325 chain

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Well i think my much loved Mak 6800i is dead... new piston, honed cylinder, replaced a few bits, put some new gaskets in her but iv had no luck. Iv one thing left i can try before i call time on her - i think it really needs a new cylinder...

What big saws are Dolmar/Makita doing? Seems the 6401 is being stopped? Them 7301 is hard to get and the 7901 is over priced IMO - 9010 is cheaper (tempted - but really dont fancy using that as my main saw though...)

Saw a price online for a 6401 for under £500 with 18inch bar - really dont need any more bars laying about! Thought that was good? Easy job to put a bigger pot on her for more power aswell!

Shavey - feel free to PM me a price if you fancy a potential sale..m.

While we're on the subject of Dolmars. Does anyone have a clutch cover for a 112? A mate has broken his with the brake handle and it's certainly not safe to use as it is.

I have got a spare one if you contact me thanks

The DCS 520 is the PS 111, sort of a ("detuned" semi-pro version of the 115/5200. They all are good saws, but lacking in the AV and air filtraton departments by todays standards.

The DCS 520 is the PS 111, sort of a ("detuned" semi-pro version of the 115/5200. They all are good saws, but lacking in the AV and air filtraton departments by todays standards.

Yes spot on the av mounts never lasted very long especially the mount beside the oil tank