Stihl 009 saw

padman

Had this saw for a few years. Not been used for the last few months as its a bit of a bugger. Starts ok, then smokes like crap from the exhaust and cuts out. I open the petrol cap to see if the fuel is spent and there seems to be a lot of compression in the fuel tank as its spits it out and the petrol is bubbling away. Now I have to leave it to go cold and start it all over again.

Any idea what is is and what i need to do to get it to run properly please.

Cheers Paul

Had this saw for a few years. Not been used for the last few months as its a bit of a bugger. Starts ok, then smokes like crap from the exhaust and cuts out. I open the petrol cap to see if the fuel is spent and there seems to be a lot of compression in the fuel tank as its spits it out and the petrol is bubbling away. Now I have to leave it to go cold and start it all over again.

Any idea what is is and what i need to do to get it to run properly please.

Cheers Paul

The smoking sounds like it is running rich so check the carb needle valve is sealing off OK. The fuel bubbling sounds like the impulse pressure in the carb is working its way back through the carb in to the fuel line and in to the tank!

Why not just fit a new carb kit - get it from Rowena Motors and it won't cost a fortune! Worth checking the tank vent is clear whilst at it - the end is mounted behind a plate behind the clutch.

Got one myself, nice little saw:thumbup:o

Little? Hardly!

Nice? Not nice to start on a cold day!

Noise? Plenty.....

Power? Bucket loads...

Vibration? Hmmm, maybe a litte - limit yourself to a few minutes per shift would be the official line I bet....

Smile Factor? off the scale! You can feel the percussion of the ignition through the air!

Little? Hardly!

Nice? Not nice to start on a cold day!

Noise? Plenty.....

Power? Bucket loads...

Vibration? Hmmm, maybe a litte - limit yourself to a few minutes per shift would be the official line I bet....

Smile Factor? off the scale! You can feel the percussion of the ignition through the air!

This is a 009

maxresdefault.jpg

If this is large in your books - I would like to see a small saw:001_rolleyes::lol: