Planning query

Andy Collins

How do others do the sketch plans for Tpo apps? I seem to waste a lot of time trying to get the sketch as accurate as possible, is this really necessary? Saying this, I've never had an issue with apps, always go through ok, so perhaps its worth the effort after all.:confused1: I know of one person filling an app for 550 trees, and the council wanted 550 separate sketches with details of works!!

pS, should a SKETCH plan be on A3? I know building plans must be

Edited by Andy Collins

Tbh I've found the portal to take longer than printing off the pdf and filling it in by hand, then maybe thats just me. I've used the aerial pics for con area 211's but was told this is not suitable for TPO apps, and as this latest app is a mix of both 211 and tpo, I just want to get it right. As the Lpa's get more and more overwhelmed with apps, any excuse to reject seems order of the day. Of course this may depend on your LPA.

PS I was also informed that to re-produce Google Earth, or similar, is breach of copyright, is this correct?

Edited by Andy Collins

I have just got off the fone to my local office. Cornwall has recently changed from several local councils to one single county council, and i have submitted plans as normal to them, but there is either a new bod in the office or they have decided to become extra anal, so i am back down there right now to go through it with them. The last time was that i had apparently not put the species down........quercus ilex doesnt count???? The sketch i did is also causing problems. i think, having spoken to another tree bod locally, that they are after a seperate tree survey (i.e. not by me as the man doing the job) which if that is going to be the case from now on, then i reckon a lot of domestic work may be priced out of existence, esp as he was hinting that a seperate survey for each individual tree on the job sheet will need one! Not sure yet, about to go and find out.

Andy - as long as the sketch is sufficent to identify the tree being worked on, there shouldn't be a problem. The biggest thing is putting trees on the plan that aren't being worked on! No point drawing one Oak in a line of five!

Regards invalidating applications - an incomplete application takes up a lot of officer time and can lead to issues at appeal. We shouldn't have to ask how high the crown lift will be or how much the tree is being reduced by, it should be in the application!

My current nightmare is returning forms to people who haven't ticked the boxes in section 8. Uberbureacratic but essential - its those questions about tree hazards /damage that make people acknowledge the reality of their claims.

never drawn a sketch in my life on applications, never had any problems, not always had permission but that had nothing to do with lack of drawings, i have only ever been knocked back on 3 trees, one later fell and cruched a house, then the other had to be taken down..and the other is still standing but i wouldnt be living under it, its only a matter of time though, i just hope know one is in when it goes