Do you charge more for commercial work

Dryad's saddle

Service on a decent generator at a nice mansion for nice people £500.00.

Similar generator on large commercial site

Submit 10 pages of Rams + insurance ,drive to site blow sunshine up the ***** of the centre management h&s facility manager. Plead for access to roof .

price £4000 and you get it cos no one else wants it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too cheap, driving the price down of arb work

Thats what I say about the guys who under price me. :001_smile:

The market round here won't pay £300 per man.

No way you will win work with a 3 man team at £900..

Maybe a 2 man at £600,

I would price 2 men including VAT around the £500-£550 mark but additional men are not worth (or cost) the same and can only charge £100 a head.

There are benefits and disadvantages of being a slightly larger organisation, there are some savings with scale, running two teams doesn't cost twice as much as running one. My advertising, yard, insurance costs for example haven't doubled. Therefore per head my overheads are lower so I can charge less.

I am not however cheap... Comes back to best value.. On a site clearance job two decent guys and some hard working but low skilled (cheap) labour are a better use of resources. You are not paying the highly trained (expensive) staff to do stuff that less qualified guys can do just as well.

That's what I reckon anyway. There are different ways of doing it and I agree that for most domestic jobs the most efficient team is going to be an owner operator with one or two staff.

The OP was in Leeds so similar area, different world to the SE..

Edited by benedmonds

Thats what I say about the guys who under price me. :001_smile:

The market round here won't pay £300 per man.

No way you will win work with a 3 man team at £900..

Maybe a 2 man at £600,

I would price 2 men including VAT around the £500-£550 mark but additional men are not worth (or cost) the same and can only charge £100 a head.

There are benefits and disadvantages of being a slightly larger organisation, there are some savings with scale, running two teams doesn't cost twice as much as running one. My advertising, yard, insurance costs for example haven't doubled. Therefore per head my overheads are lower so I can charge less.

I am not however cheap... Comes back to best value.. On a site clearance job two decent guys and some hard working but low skilled (cheap) labour are a better use of resources. You are not paying the highly trained (expensive) staff to do stuff that less qualified guys can do just as well.

That's what I reckon anyway. There are different ways of doing it and I agree that for most domestic jobs the most efficient team is going to be an owner operator with one or two staff.

The OP was in Leeds so similar area, different world to the SE..

What company in Leeds?