Wheeled trimmer

Richard 1234

I got an old two stroke for private use. Brilliant for large flat areas like patches of nettles etc in hoss field etc. Or where you have a lot of edges or boundary fences etc. Got my father a four stroke as he found carrying his Stihl tiring - he is nearly 80! Both were off flea bay at around £100 or bit more......

Hi hope this is in the right place. I'm looking at buying a wheeled trimmer of some kind like the DR trimmer

Like this one http://www.drpower.com/productimages/image.axd/i.trm875sd/w.1000/h.1000/tr3+8.75+fpt+b+s+es+dem+pro-xl+sp+-+50st_l.jpg

Anyone got one or similar and if so are they any good?

Many thanks in advance Richard

These are a brilliant piece of kit. The wheels are suspect and often break , they also eat cord faster than you can put it in there but they are much better than any brush cutter. We replaced the head on ours with two small HT chains to convert it into a mini swipe, that got round the cord problem :)

Bob

I couldn't recommend the DR Trimmer highly enough. I have a self propelled unit and use it all the time around home in NZ. I am currently in the process of clearing around 3 acres of overgrown paddocks of neck high grass, gorse, and broom and replanting in native trees When using the correct cord you should have minimal breakages. But if you throw on the circular saw blade it will destroy anything. Very good for clearing unwanted self seeded tree's, gorse etc - no bending over, no sore back! If you are going to buy one, I'd definitely go for the self propelled unit though - makes operating on hills so much easier

I couldn't recommend the DR Trimmer highly enough. I have a self propelled unit and use it all the time around home in NZ. I am currently in the process of clearing around 3 acres of overgrown paddocks of neck high grass, gorse, and broom and replanting in native trees When using the correct cord you should have minimal breakages. But if you throw on the circular saw blade it will destroy anything. Very good for clearing unwanted self seeded tree's, gorse etc - no bending over, no sore back! If you are going to buy one, I'd definitely go for the self propelled unit though - makes operating on hills so much easier

Thanks for that if I go for one it's going to be the top one without electric start I think. A bit less to go wrong and I'm quite capable of pulling the rope so it will be having the drive on it. What are they like on really bumpy ground?

Many thanks Richard

Thanks for that if I go for one it's going to be the top one without electric start I think. A bit less to go wrong and I'm quite capable of pulling the rope so it will be having the drive on it. What are they like on really bumpy ground?

Many thanks Richard

Yeah, good plan. I have the electric start one and the only issue I've ever had with the trimmer was the bolt for the electric start rattling loose. The electric start model actually has a pull cord too though and I tend to just use that.

She doesn't like excessively bumpy ground but you will be able to manhandle her over most stuff and she won't pull you up really steep hills but you shouldn't have to push too hard. I've had mine for 3 odd years, give her constant abuse, and she hasn't missed a beat yet. If she died tomorrow, I would be straight out to get another one.