Green Party on a green surge....

SteveA

So fishings out, thats a real vote winner :lol:

Not out.... but:

MC413 With regard to recreational fishing, the Green Party will seek to end the practice known as 'live baiting' (where live fish are used as bait for other fish) as soon as possible. Barbed hooks and double and triple hooks will also be banned, because of the damage and distress caused to fish by their use.

No barbed hooks!.... *steve gulps*

Errr, work in progress! :lol:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think it means that as that's basically the current arrangement. I think they mean gun clubs have to have all the firearms kept on site and that idea was floated a few years ago and was dropped when people realised how daft it was.

Again, clarification is needed which leads to the conclusion it's rather pointless producing large number of policies if they're open to interpretation.

I think its perfectly fine that the Greens have produced a large number of policies, excellent in fact. Surely what is required is debate, (just as we're having on here). I would hope that points that are raised in these debates would be considered by the party and then policy refined. Listening the views of others and taking into account their views is wha we would all want I would think? Certainly its much better than the reactionary, PR driven bollocks we get from the main parties.

I don't think it means that as that's basically the current arrangement. I think they mean gun clubs have to have all the firearms kept on site and that idea was floated a few years ago and was dropped when people realised how daft it was.

Again, clarification is needed which leads to the conclusion it's rather pointless producing large number of policies if they're open to interpretation.

I agree, clarification is needed on a lot of the policy section and they are definitely aware of this. Members are regularly pointing things out and they are working on it.

The website went down today due to the amount of visitors/ people signing up!

I think its perfectly fine that the Greens have produced a large number of policies, excellent in fact. Surely what is required is debate, (just as we're having on here).

They have councils, an MP and MEPs acting out their policies so they are being implemented as they currently stand. Yes it's good they are debated but most people I know who've voted green don't have much of a clue about most of their policies. I'd also like to the policies costed as it's very easy to promise stuff if you're never going held to account.

When that's done I expect they've be much more similar to the current parties. :lol:

They have councils, an MP and MEPs acting out their policies so they are being implemented as they currently stand. Yes it's good they are debated but most people I know who've voted green don't have much of a clue about most of their policies. I'd also like to the policies costed as it's very easy to promise stuff if you're never going held to account.

When that's done I expect they've be much more similar to the current parties. :lol:

Let's not forget how much we're being ripped off by major corporations not paying taxes, bankers bonus's, trident, high speed rail, private finance initiatives (building schools & hospitals), unecessary new roads, NHS privatisation, low wage economy (zero hours, etc), senior chief executive (public sector pen pushers) salaries have doubled in the past 6 years ....etc, etc!

There is plenty of money to be had if you look in the right places.

The total austerity package brought in by the coalition is about the same as bankers bonus's paid in the same period (£80 billion ish I think?).

That's where a lot of the money comes from :thumbup:

cheers

I'm not sure any of the parties really care too much about costing their policies, after all it isn't their money, its ours :lol:

Particularly annoying, I find, are individuals like Lord Ashcorft. Here we have a man who doesn't even live in the UK, runs an opaque international business empire, doesn't pay UK taxes and yet sees fit to meddle in the politics of our country. If people like that, along with the global corporations such as Aamazon and Starbucks, paid there dues then funding our country would be all the easier and we would all benefit :biggrin:

Let's not forget how much we're being ripped off by major corporations not paying taxes, bankers bonus's, trident, high speed rail, private finance initiatives (building schools & hospitals), unecessary new roads, NHS privatisation, low wage economy (zero hours, etc), senior chief executive (public sector pen pushers) salaries have doubled in the past 6 years ....etc, etc!

There is plenty of money to be had if you look in the right places.

The total austerity package brought in by the coalition is about the same as bankers bonus's paid in the same period (£80 billion ish I think?).

That's where a lot of the money comes from :thumbup:

cheers

Completely agree SteveA,

The idea seems to be, 'you lot are all in it together, you just get along nicely with the austerity would you, that will help us out greatly while we get on with business as usual.'

Are all bank bonuses bad or just the ones from bailed out banks?

I personally don't care if the bank is making money they can spend it how they like.

As for the bailed out banks that's different. They should pay back UK Plc first.

How much do footballers get paid, should that be stopped too?

I think the point I'm making is that the banks have become an easy scapegoat for all the country's woes when successive governments have been ********ing things up for decades

Are all bank bonuses bad or just the ones from bailed out banks?

I personally don't care if the bank is making money they can spend it how they like.

As for the bailed out banks that's different. They should pay back UK Plc first.

How much do footballers get paid, should that be stopped too?

I think the point I'm making is that the banks have become an easy scapegoat for all the country's woes when successive governments have been ********ing things up for decades

I find economics confusing; which is probably how they like it :confused1:

One thing for sure is that the increasingly rich/ poor gap is causing major problems in society.... when it gets to the point where ordinary people (some of which work their arses off) are having to resort to food banks something has clearly gone very wrong.

I'm not saying people don't deserve bonus' for doing a great job.... but it's the shear scale of bonus that is wrong.

Footballers get paid far too much.... but it could be a great help if they were taxed at 80%