Help With business plan

David_chainsaw

It's good to start a business without too much money. A person tends to learn valuable lessons early on and for less outlay.

Have an idea of how you want the business to shape up in the future. That is, the shape of the business without getting hung up on how much you'd like to be earning. Develop a business that runs efficiently and the money will come in. Focussing on the money as an outcome doesn't normally lead to a successful and harmonious operation.

If you have a purpose for the business and how you want it to be and be seen in the years to come, it really doesn't matter for the first year or so if you turn up to sites in a crappy van with a clapped out chipper.

People buy people. Deliver a good, dependable service and folk will use you. Talk to your clients and, in the future, your fellow workers about your purpose for the business and you'll get there.

Business plans mean little or nothing. Banks like them as it's something they can berate you with either to say they are not going to lend money or to demand repayment.

Have a purpose, (not always as simple to define as it sounds), and work towards it. It makes knocking on doors and phoning potential clients a lot easier.

It's good to start a business without too much money. A person tends to learn valuable lessons early on and for less outlay.

Have an idea of how you want the business to shape up in the future. That is, the shape of the business without getting hung up on how much you'd like to be earning. Develop a business that runs efficiently and the money will come in. Focussing on the money as an outcome doesn't normally lead to a successful and harmonious operation.

If you have a purpose for the business and how you want it to be and be seen in the years to come, it really doesn't matter for the first year or so if you turn up to sites in a crappy van with a clapped out chipper.

People buy people. Deliver a good, dependable service and folk will use you. Talk to your clients and, in the future, your fellow workers about your purpose for the business and you'll get there.

Business plans mean little or nothing. Banks like them as it's something they can berate you with either to say they are not going to lend money or to demand repayment.

Have a purpose, (not always as simple to define as it sounds), and work towards it. It makes knocking on doors and phoning potential clients a lot easier.

Good sound advice there, with I'd had this thread 6 months ago :)

Buying a car is, only in my opinion, particularly poor advice. It portrays an amateurish rather than a professional image, a commercial vehicle portrays a more professional image, may (although I'm not sure for new drivers) be cheaper to insure and is, most importantly, offset able as capital expenditure.

That makes sense I was really thinking about cheap start up for the op.

I got rid of my car and trailer after about 6 months and risked a new l200(could not really afford it at the time) I'm glad I did as looking smart (vehicle kit appearance etc) is one way of stopping people being wary of you. (Retired people especially I my experience)

So that was probably a bit of bad advice now kevinjohnsonmbe mentions it.:blushing:

So there's me still making stupid mistakes, maybe best to just ignore me!!!

That makes sense I was really thinking about cheap start up for the op.

I got rid of my car and trailer after about 6 months and risked a new l200(could not really afford it at the time) I'm glad I did as looking smart (vehicle kit appearance etc) is one way of stopping people being wary of you. (Retired people especially I my experience)

So that was probably a bit of bad advice now kevinjohnsonmbe mentions it.:blushing:

So there's me still making stupid mistakes, maybe best to just ignore me!!!

Looking back Richard, I shouldn't have said 'poor advice' really! Any advice offered is useful, it's how to interpret and implement it that makes the difference and that's down to the person seeking it. We're all just throwing ideas in the air, OP has to catch the ones he likes 👍👍

Looking back Richard, I shouldn't have said 'poor advice' really! Any advice offered is useful, it's how to interpret and implement it that makes the difference and that's down to the person seeking it. We're all just throwing ideas in the air, OP has to catch the ones he likes 👍👍

No problems as your right really.

The op picking and choosing is also right. the biggest thing at the end of the day what any of us say the op has to do it himself as no one can do it for him. And even if they tried he would not like it as it would not be his own then anyway.