Waste of space.

Bren.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The actions of a few martyr themselfs for the progression of their masses. This is not the place for this debate because I could, as I'm sure you could, go all night but never get anywhere. After all what makes us think we can fix what the rest of the world never will.

Likewise, I would never delude myself to think I could fix what people far better could not. My more modest aim is to point out that the actions of a perverse and evil minority should not result in a large percentage of the world's population being consigned to Room 101. Anyway, past my bedtime now so let's do as you suggest and agree to disagree. Given the fact that we have remained perfectly polite to each other, I'm not entirely convinced that this is an Arbtalk thread. :biggrin:

No we can't, what's important is that we can debate it.

I'm probably not the first to say this, especially over the last few days but debating "it" is to politically incorrect it would seem.

As an example, No one felt it politically correct to stand up and say anything about all those schools that were in trouble due to religious extremist teachings to primary school kids :( what hope do they have

Likewise, I would never delude myself to think I could fix what people far better could not. My more modest aim is to point out that the actions of a perverse and evil minority should not result in a large percentage of the world's population being consigned to Room 101. Anyway, past my bedtime now so let's do as you suggest and agree to disagree. Given the fact that we have remained perfectly polite to each other, I'm not entirely convinced that this is an Arbtalk thread. :biggrin:

:) :)

I'm no expert but it seems the other religion is a few hundred years behind Christianity which also burned the dissenters at the stake. The other religion though has at its core a well documented belief that the faith must be spread at all costs and convert or die, non believers are infidels not worthy of life.

When polls show that majority of followers believe that rules of their faith should be adhered to and enforced that is where the problems start, we're not all operating from the belief that all should have a right to live a life of free will.

I just don't want the kalishnikov and grenade squad round my door for being a dissenter!

(Easy to laugh behind a keyboard)

Edit: and bear in mind it's the loonies that resort to violence but they're only actioning what their book says and what the rest believe but wouldn't get physical about.

I'm no expert but it seems the other religion is a few hundred years behind Christianity which also burned the dissenters at the stake. The other religion though has at its core a well documented belief that the faith must be spread at all costs and convert or die, non believers are infidels not worthy of life.

When polls show that majority of followers believe that rules of their faith should be adhered to and enforced that is where the problems start, we're not all operating from the belief that all should have a right to live a life of free will.

What you mean the Old Firm derby!! :001_tt2: