Chipper hydraulics wiring

muppetlab

Hi all, i'm after some advice on how the wiring for chippers works as i am not sure if mine is wired correctly. Basically a previous owner has bypassed a feed roller reset switch and i am not sure which way round it is supposed to be. Basically the reset switches have been bypassed so that there is always a 12v supply from the switches. If i break this circuit the rollers dont work. My question is should this be wired so that pressing the roller reset makes 12v circuit or breaks the 12v circuit. If it is the first case then it would seem i have another problem to find first but without knowing which way the switches should be i cant start the fault finding. I think the flywheel sensor is working as the rollers wont work on low revs so must be switching something, the cut out on the bar switch does not seem to work either so i wonder if this being faulty is why the roller resets are always on?? Sorry if this is muddled, i'm pretty good with electrics and mechanics but these hydraulics are a mystery to me at present. Its on a kwikchip if that helps. Grateful for any pointing in the right direction, cheers and happy new year :)

I'll try and get a few pics. So the cut out switch thats operated by the control bar should have a switched positive feed? Ie it supplies +12v when switched? Do you know if the roller reset should be a momentary switch ie it supplies +12v when pushed? There is a grey box at the back with a relay in it that i can here clicking when i move the control bar and one on a solenoid on a pipe that goes the the hydraulic tank. There is a large grey box near the front next to the engine also, i'll have a look in that and see what it has in it. cheers

Thanks for the replies and a bog thanks to Andy for the help. Think i've sussed it now, relays were wired wrong as one was not a latching relay. Was probably replaced with the wrong one and the previous owner couldnt work out why it wouldn't work and so bypassed it. One More thing ticked off. Cheers.