Growing Pains?

PeteB

The kids came to stay for the weekend, Tom is 12 and Pip is 10. We went for a walk/cycle today - just up to the village centre, had an ice cream etc. Everything normalish, no trauma until Pip mentioned that Tom's girlfriend was called Matty and was in his year, then Tom disappeared on his bike. I 'phoned after half an hour to ask where he was. "I'm going to Mum's because you and Pip are horrible to me, I don't want to come to yours again"! He has behaved like this several times now.

Is it me or do other Dads get this treatment? I never behaved like that when I was doing the trauma of growing up. Hardly a weekend goes by now without a tantrum from one or the other over seemingly simple things like who chooses which peice of Pizza first or who has a shower first and I'm thinking of taking the front passenger seat out as well!

All hells just broke loose in our house

Two girls 15 and 18

Something to do with boyfriends I believe, one of the girls told me where to go and walked away from me, I went to grab hold of her and before I got hold of her she threw herself on the floor screaming saying I had hit her, then got up and prentended to limp :confused1:

Luckily our lass witnessed it otherwise I'd have been in the sin bin for a month.

Things dont get any easier, I can only be honest with you Pete and say it gets worse.

Bad enough to nearly drive you over the edge, we are struggling to cope just at the moment, we are hoping it's "just another phase" one up from "Growing pains" :001_smile:

Grief Dean you have my sincerest sympathies, hormonal teenage girls:scared1: I would just walk off and fix something in the shed til they are about 21, not worth the hassle. Whatever you say or do will be wrong, til they want a lift or money of course.