Can someone give this guy a job? plz

Birchjohn

I think the life skills thing is good. Not wanting to sound like a dick but I have been down a few times and have been able to go and get a job, no problem. May not be amazing. delivery driver or whatever but everytime I've started at the bottom of Totnes fore/ high street, I've had a job by the time I've got to the top.

A lot of the guys / gals are bang on, they just can't express it. I know what to say to a prospective employer because I've been one and I know that all you want is a safe pair of hands who will knuckle down, not crash your van or steal your stock and get the job done. 99% of people will do just that. But it's getting that across to your prospective employer which is a skill I have and many don't.

So I think that teaching people how to approach people and speak to them is really valuable.

Let's face it, as an employer, you are crying out for quality staff. I always was. It's a crying shame that many of them are probably on the street or going to food banks because they can't get across how good they are.

So, yeah, give people a break sometimes. Take a risk but make it clear there are no second chances. You might just strike gold.

Deafening silence!!!!

Oh ye of little faith. I e-mailed the radio station with instructions to pass my contact details to the guy.

I'll front him £40 for the train fare, a good breakfast and a packed lunch, pick him up, teach him some stuff, put him to work, top up the wages to a sensible day rate and send him off with an old Silky and some knowledge. Piece of piss. Good turn done.

Anyone can copy my model.

NB: I only do a few private jobs a year. Chaps on here who are out every day can surely find something for him to do even more easily than me.

Edited by AHPP

The radio station confirmed they forwarded my contact details but I've still not heard from the chap. I was very clear when I e-mailed to include the phrase OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT. He must be backed up with work.

Same as this bloke who I never heard from. http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/80796-tree-man69.html. He's probably been too busy fighting off prospective employers with a shitty stick.

:001_rolleyes:

You can lead a horse to water...