Scum bags!

simonm

Huck really ?? Is it that hard ?? no signature = no work , in this case had the guy signed then at least there would have been some documented proof to give the actual land owner when he gets in touch and at at the very least helps to prove that you had taken all reasonable steps to ensure that you had consent to carry out the work. In this day in age a paper trail is as important as the tools to do the job .

Ever heard of the "false signature"????????:001_rolleyes::lol:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone will have their own opinion on this subject, same as others, but its not until you end up in a similar situation that you will feel the same way as i did! we are an honest firm who work to a high standard, we put in a good days graft and always do our best to ensure the job is done right and the customer is happy. I treat him with the same respect as everyone else, so why do we deserve to be trampled over and made to look bad! i am not getting on at every traveler out there but when you find them abusing you on jobs, swerving in your lane while driving, looking in the van while your working, walking around your front garden at night looking for stuff to lift and nicking the field gate off your yard i am hardly going to be a big fan! i am yet to meet an honest 1!

Sorry but i do not agree at all, the address he gave and number, i did not feel the need to authenticate these as the lad seemed 100% genuine, its not until things came to light that i found out these were false. Do you question every customer you deal with check their address, registration number etc. I turned up to quote for a job i thought was genuine, we carried out the work that was agreed on the site meeting to the letter, there is only so much you can do falling short of asking for id! i never asked to work for free nor to spend all week worrying about being ripped off! i totally agree with the signature this is something i will be changing. The accusations i am making are real, not some made up pap. i am not trying to upset honest hard working folk what ever their colour, race or background, I am simply pointing out the situation i am in in the hope that others wont be as trusting as i was.

Yeah he seemed genuine , just like he seemed to be a traveler with a yourkshire hire accent? Did you expect anything less ? Or do you expect the less honest people to wear a badge or sound less genuine than the next customer ? yes actually in business you need to be thorough and make sure that you actually do have a paper trail , it's totally up to you but if you want to be taken the mick out of and have to work a weekend for nothing then carry on , but what I'm saying is that it is avoidable

So the guy does not live there , get the address he does live at and get a landline number - call the landline number to confirm the job and the works listed - this way you are eliminating the risk that you have a false number or that the person on the nd of the phone is not the same person you met and knows nothing about any works at another address. Or you may find the number works and the person is who they say they are and that the works are correct - you now have a number that's traceable even if the person turns out not to be the land owner or have any right to authorise work .

Ever heard of the "false signature"????????:001_rolleyes::lol:

Ever heard of taking all reasonable steps to ensure you have permission ? Yes it may be false but if the actual owner decided to take legal action against you , you can at least prove you have been responsible and done everything in your power to ensure you have permission - do you not agree this would be a wise idea and certainly give some clarity to what could be a nasty legal battle?

Huck really ?? Is it that hard ?? no signature = no work , in this case had the guy signed then at least there would have been some documented proof to give the actual land owner when he gets in touch and at at the very least helps to prove that you had taken all reasonable steps to ensure that you had consent to carry out the work. In this day in age a paper trail is as important as the tools to do the job .

The land owner doesn't know that in essence he contracted the work out to me, top and bottom is he fooled me, just glad it has backfired on them before they took payment. I do feel i should try and find the property owner to explain my side of the story.

Ever heard of taking all reasonable steps to ensure you have permission ? Yes it may be false but if the actual owner decided to take legal action against you , you can at least prove you have been responsible and done everything in your power to ensure you have permission - do you not agree this would be a wise idea and certainly give some clarity to what could be a nasty legal battle?

And none of that can be fabricated?????:001_rolleyes::lol:

CTS these people are scum, pure and simple, they are professional scum and very good at it, they are generally one step ahead of decent honest people, because honest people don't even think like they do.

The OP got shafted, maybe I would have smelled a rat, maybe not, but your suggestions IMO would not have helped.