help with chipper on e bay

moorcrofttreesurgery

Personally i wouldnt, it might be okay for small bits but gravity fed chippers and commercial arb is unpractable. I bought a vermeer 620 on ebay for £2000, kept it for 6 months to start myu business and sold it for £2000. If your not in a hurry, wait for a roller feed chipper that you can resell should you need too. Anyway thats my opinion i am sure others will contribute.

It looks quite similar to a unit i had years ago that was made by Dalrimple (sp) they now trade as arbour eater, it was very good infact it was better and faster than a 5 inch jenson i got, you had to make sure the blades were sharp and sharpened at the right angle as they pulled the timber in, mine could demolish a 10foot long 5" diameter conifer head quicker than roller feed, but limits were poor on dead timber and tougher hardwood, but fantastic on 5" conifer,willow,lime etc,etc.

seems cheap though go and see it if you are close enough

hope that helps.

i would wait and get a newer chipper where parts are more common , if you hang on a few weeks tere may be a load of jensen chippers being sold by fountains as i was told by mike at the green mech stand today thatfountains have just placed an order with them for arround 28 new chipers. may be worth a try , failing that keep looking on earborist , there is normally a bargaint to be had on there

This is an origional Arbor eater made my Micheal dalrymple in the 80s, a very good machine in there time and still ok now. they go up to about 1500 quid for a good one. some parts are still available from arbor eater. If your just setting up this could be a good machine, simple cheap and will do the job just dont expext 4 tons an hour of hard wood like a modern roller fed chipper. you might be better off buying an older simpler machine in good nick than a cheap moden machine thats been hammered and is knackered!