Good Firewood, ringing saw

arhfirewood

Thanks all.

I think I am at MS362, 555 x-torque, 365 x-torque stage, and I am not sure I would get the full benefit of the XP range, but I also do not want to buy the wrong saw for me.

Didn't want to go below the 58-60cc mark and around £500'ish which possibly rules the MS out.

Thought about second hand but you never know what you will get so there would need to be a few hundred pounds saving just in case there is a major repair. Main reasons I think people sell a newish saw 1/ use it for their job everyday so makes sense to change on a regular basis, would have done a fair amount of work. 2/ Starting to get problems so need to sell before costing too much, which would then cost me. There appears to be a lot of ex-council saws on offer that aren't that old, not sure if they would be good buys.

I was going to stick with Stihl but for some reason I just fancy a Husky.

Andrew

Hi,

An MS362 would be £650 ish, If I was buying Stihl I would look at a 460/461 or 660 but they are obviously a fair bit more.

I think the 365 will have a bit more grunt over the 555 & as posted it can be easily tweaked for a bit more power.

Second hand is always a bit of a risk, unless you know the owner & hence the history plus there may be a risk its stolen, whereas a new saw will come with dealer support & a warranty.

N

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am excited now that I have decided to go 365 x-torque and looking forward to the first day ringing.

Also I will look at modding once I have put a few tanks of fuel through it, hopefully it will be fairly straight forward as I have the tools to carry out the work.

Very useful advise and opinions given here, much better than from a Stihl/Husqvarna dealer who will probably suggest the model he makes the most money on.

Thank you all, Andrew