Tiny 4x4, or ?

sloth

Probably a lot better than the L200 I had - couldn't be any worse!

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

I got rid of a 3.2 DiD Shogun a few weeks ago. For something I originally bought with such confidence it turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Everyone thinks I've lost my mind replacing a Shogun with a little Ignis but I've no regrets,........................well, other than buying the Shogun in the first place!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI we ran a 1989 f reg Suzuki sj413 for about 9 years 19000miles when bought, 98000 when sold only things that were replaced in that time were

1 battery,1 set tyres , 1 rear silencer and one set of brake shoes and linings.

always overloaded and towing more than it should have been ,it was the most reliable 4x4 that we have had .It was replace with a land rover 90 turbo but that is another story.

so I would say you cant go far wrong with the Suzuki.

thanks chris

After much deliberation I reckon I'd like a jimny, although I rather hope the suggested mpg of 38 combined can be improved a bit with motorway miles. Seems I'm looking around £1500-2000 for a half decent early 2000's vehicle under 70, 000 miles. Anything to look out for?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Arbtalk mobile app

Aside from all the usual checks, check the 4x4 engages and works. It works on a vacuum system and the pipes can go, to check, just engage 4x4 and listen for a click in the hubs and same for taking it out. Obviously check the service history but quite importantly check the king pins on the front, will be horrible to drive if one is gone. The usual chassis rust checks and you should be good to go. Try and avoid one that's been used for green laning/play days etc unless you know the history. I have one specked for offroad so know what they can/can't take and what problems occur with serious use eg I snapped the cast ali transfer box mounts on mine but that was with some serious use, all sorted with a rock crawler box and hd mounts/drive shafts. Fantastic little trucks, will seriously go anywhere.

After much deliberation I reckon I'd like a jimny, although I rather hope the suggested mpg of 38 combined can be improved a bit with motorway miles. Seems I'm looking around £1500-2000 for a half decent early 2000's vehicle under 70, 000 miles. Anything to look out for?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Arbtalk mobile app

Not sure about prices over there but here that budget would get you a decent Grand Vitara. Be a lot nicer on the road but just as capable off it and the Suzuki robustness is a feature of all their vehicle.

But again, stick with petrol.