4x4 tipper

not for sale sorry

We've got 2 Hilux tippers from Rob Nash. Air bags make a difference. They pull well and the guys are really happy with them. Not a huge payload, though it's easy to get off road to tip so no real drama. Also it's difficult to overload, which is not the case with virtually any other type of tipper.

what make of air bags do you have on them? the air ride on my old hilux has helped heaps. it always pays to at least look legal me thinks:001_tt2:

sorry for deviating from the original thread again.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everyone, glad I didn't buy the blue one by the sound of it!!

that's where I went gensetsteve. I take it you are happy with yours? they did look a good outfit and build quality looked good.

did the tipper add much weight to the pick up?

thanks again.

Good people to deal with. If I was going to another one I would measure up the extra cab as it carries 1085kg but the single cab 750 kg.

I was hoping with the buck off it would increase to 850kg but the tipper must of been heavy as it was down to about 450-500kg and thats before I got in with me sannies. I put an extra helper coil spring in and it carried 750kg fine on private ground :001_rolleyes: but 850 was too much as it swayed and brake were not up to it.

Good people to deal with. If I was going to another one I would measure up the extra cab as it carries 1085kg but the single cab 750 kg.

I was hoping with the buck off it would increase to 850kg but the tipper must of been heavy as it was down to about 450-500kg and thats before I got in with me sannies. I put an extra helper coil spring in and it carried 750kg fine on private ground :001_rolleyes: but 850 was too much as it swayed and brake were not up to it.

my newer one should carry more as its extra cab. they said I could put a seven ft bed on it. that's the same length as my old single cab!!

I worry that it might look tail heavy, especially with chipper on.

I am tempted by air bags but need to sell my body parts first. still I am glad I got a hilux:001_cool: worth the extra pounds I hope.

thanks for the help and advice. nice to know someone who has got one done by them.

my newer one should carry more as its extra cab. they said I could put a seven ft bed on it. that's the same length as my old single cab!!

I worry that it might look tail heavy, especially with chipper on.

I am tempted by air bags but need to sell my body parts first. still I am glad I got a hilux:001_cool: worth the extra pounds I hope.

thanks for the help and advice. nice to know someone who has got one done by them.

Bernie will know what to put on and may even have pics.

I would measure the bump stop and go down the breakers for some coils. The ride stays soft until the weight sits down on the coils best of both worlds. My brakes may have been poor because the brake valve on the back was seized so the front brakes were doing all the work.

59766a4591f93_logs010(600x400).jpg.764d5c4840c6c6eb5ec5049e3cb68cf1.jpg

59766a458d61c_IMG_6176(600x400).jpg.ad98b3c3765950582f66e684a0574154.jpg

yes!!! check mine out on the 4x4 section its a v smart truck give us a shout 07970 684052

I would love that l200 but we just accepted an offer on are flat yesterday she may castrate me if I now spend 12k on a truck and not put half of it to a new house :001_rolleyes:

I think I have just halved the budget over night :lol:

thanks gensetsteve, does look good. I like the helper spring idea.do you just weld them in?

notforsale, you just need an older, cheaper model..:001_tt2:

good luck with the move.

that l200 does look nice though.

Cheers Dude :thumbup1: We have just had an offer accepted on a house as well :biggrin: I want that l200 in arbtrader though :001_huh: