how much to spend on first lathe?

Suffolk-Matt

suffolk matt, if you are coming this way to collect the lathes i'll happily show you the ropes whilst your in the area.

i live not far from stihlben and you are welcome to pop in.

Sounds like a plan, seen lots of your pictures and you certainly seem to have skill :thumbup1:

Had time to pull out the lathe from my barn and took a photo, there were 2 but my sister sold the other to a friend (only told me of this this afternoon).

Just needs going over with a bit of wire wool as has a bit of surface rust, good for a freebie though...

Got 2 lengths of tool rest, drive center and a couple of faceplates...

[ATTACH]164315[/ATTACH]

Top man! Will have her cleaned up in no time, thanks again for your very kind offer :001_smile::thumbup1:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Intended to update this before now.

Many thanks to Ben for the lathe, collected it last weekend and was also kind enough to let me have a basic set of 7 tools to get me started. At this point I was feeling very cheeky so handed over a purple note, the least i could of done but all I had on me.

bench space is at a premium in my small workshop so intending to put together a wooden stand to mount it on anchored to the floor and wall.

Will start a new thread when done and im sure ill be asking lots of questions.

Thanks again Ben, top man! :thumbup1: