Has the world gone crazy?!

As you raise the point about making assumptions, I thought your comment about "bosses creaming off all the profit" fell well into that category when I read it.

I only work with Romanians these days. If one gets broken I can just send it back for replacement.

(Haven't broke one yet)

:001_smile: Well it was all clearly assumptions - why else why I have brought the subject of assumptions up! :lol:

Obviously I don't know any of the history of the woodworking shop you mentioned do I? :001_smile:

Maybe the owner had ploughed every penny back into his business and was just ready to retire.

Maybe he was not a well man.

Making staff redundant was his choice - this is part of the responsibility that comes with employing people (another thing I have done in the past , before you assume that 'I don't know what it is like to run a business')

:sneaky2:

Edited by Mat

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything that happens in Southway is either:

Illegal

Immoral

Inappropriate

Unnatural

And most certainly, unsafe!!

What is more, the residents walk on the road rather than the pavements, just like me :lol:

Southway.jpg.7b5b20de6d6fd356463996a3bc5dd888.jpg

Good to see that the dog has some sense

Sorry, but in the style of Buford 'mad dog' Tannen, I am calling you out on this one :lol:

I feel this story is either:

> a total 'urban myth'

> has a truck load of facts missed out

> is highly embellished.

It is a great tale, but it does not 'add up' in so many ways.

Pleeeease let me know if it is true, you must have a web link to a press article or something.

cheers :001_smile:

With you on this, I first heard that story way before the internet days and many times since

Now then......let's keep it friendly! :001_smile:

You think?

Whether you believe it or not it underlines my favorite piece of H&S advice.

Take a second to think before you act.

Common sence really but I have never heard that from a HSE officer.

Did they all miss that queue when it was being issued or is lack of it a job requirement?

When you say HSE Officer, do you mean an actual enforcement officer from the 'Health and Safety executive,

Or do you mean some jumped up prig called 'Norm' who used to work in the stationery department of a small business, but then somehow got the role of their health and safety man, and enjoys making other people's lives difficult?

When you say HSE Officer, do you mean an actual enforcement officer from the 'Health and Safety executive,

Or do you mean some jumped up prig called 'Norm' who used to work in the stationery department of a small business, but then somehow got the role of their health and safety man, and enjoys making other people's lives difficult?

The reason I consider it (could possibly be) an urban myth, is because a short while back on a thread discussing a MEWP accident (haven't got the time or inclination to track it down and link it, but those with a memory may recall) the same "example" but different circumstances were used to ridicule HSE for replicating an accident which - surprise, surprise, resulted in similar injury! Now I'm not saying it can't be a true story, just that it sounds like an urban myth....

You can reason with the 'norms' I have come across but not the HSE inspectors.

Never really had a major problem so the HSE only inspect us (cross fingers)

Remember my guys think before they act!!!! (again cross fingers)