Tracked mewp advice.

geoff

Speaking from experience of using a lot of different mewps, I don't like the Teupen Leo 15 for tree work.

You can't control the fly jib as the operator, so its therefore pointless it being on the machine.

The ground controls are a fiddly affair underneath a panel, not very handy in an emergency.

Dean's RQG 18 is a very capable machine for tree work. I'd like one.

In the 15m class, out reach is very important, but a machine with a smaller footprint and a boom with more sections can get into tighter places and up over and around obstacles and branches better than a long boomed machine with long outriggers which has to be parked further away from walls etc and needs more space to swing the boom round at low level.

The Easylift 150 is very similar to the Basket RQG15 but the Easylift has longer outriggers and therefore more reach.

Both these have a single bottom section and are quite long and numb in a confined area like a graveyard for example, not bad machines though.

I have an Italmec R16 and like it.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking from experience of using a lot of different mewps' date=' I don't like the Teupen Leo 15 for tree work.

You can't control the fly jib as the operator, so its therefore pointless it being on the machine.

The ground controls are a fiddly affair underneath a panel, not very handy in an emergency.

Dean's RQG 18 is a very capable machine for tree work. I'd like one.

In the 15m class, out reach is very important, but a machine with a smaller footprint and a boom with more sections can get into tighter places and up over and around obstacles and branches better than a long boomed machine with long outriggers which has to be parked further away from walls etc and needs more space to swing the boom round at low level.

The Easylift 150 is very similar to the Basket RQG15 but the Easylift has longer outriggers and therefore more reach.

Both these have a single bottom section and are quite long and numb in a confined area like a graveyard for example, not bad machines though.

I have an Italmec R16 and like it.[/quote']

Im looking at an italmec r16 now, may go for it, lowish hours,£19500.They aint cheap!

from my experiance which is quiet limited i have used a Easylift 150 and i was impressed with the stabbility and easy of controls.

Setting the machine up is easy and the controls work well, 200kgs in the basket or 2 men is well handy.

I did have a go in an Oil and Steel and was not impressed bit like climbing an ash sapling!

If i was in the market for a lift i would buy a Easylift.

good luck

No more than other similar makes I suppose.

I like the simplicity of it, not a lot of fancy electrics.

Don't know who's importing them at the moment though, if you need parts.

But there can't be much to these sort of machines that can't be sourced from a electrical factors, hydraulics place, and that a decent welder couldn't sort, if need be?

Thats how I look at it.

No more than other similar makes I suppose.

I like the simplicity of it' date=' not a lot of fancy electrics.

Don't know who's importing them at the moment though, if you need parts.

But there can't be much to these sort of machines that can't be sourced from a electrical factors, hydraulics place, and that a decent welder couldn't sort, if need be?

Thats how I look at it.[/quote']

Simplicity is a bonus for me!sounds like a good bit of kit. Thanks:001_smile:

from my experiance which is quiet limited i have used a Easylift 150 and i was impressed with the stabbility and easy of controls.

Setting the machine up is easy and the controls work well, 200kgs in the basket or 2 men is well handy.

I did have a go in an Oil and Steel and was not impressed bit like climbing an ash sapling!

If i was in the market for a lift i would buy a Easylift.

good luck

The Easylift is a good platform, however the extending outriggers have to touch the floor before they extend and this can cause set up problems round obstacles such as gravestones, or when you want to set up on say a flight of steps.

You win with stability of a large footprint, but lose out by limiting your drop zone.

R16 will go through a narrower gate than Easylift 150 also.

I like the look of the Traccess 170 but have yet to have a go in one.

Your choice of machine will depend a lot on what you want to use it for.