Stihl MSA 160T.

j4ck

Had a demo with the husky. Feels light and enough power but battery life isn't great. Apparently you can get an adapter for charging in vehicle. Used it on a dead ash dismantle and was handy for tip work. Like others say it's great not having a pull start. Had some issues when cutting a gob in a 4" branch. Kept stopping in the wood through lack of power or angle of saw held possibly. Other times it seemed to tear through happily. Also used it for de-feathering limes and battery lasted a satisfactory length on that. No issues with battery dropping but can see how it could happen. Not a replacement for a petrol but great for pruning etc. Nice having no fumes and less time to change battery than to refuel. Easy to forget oil though!

Apparently you can get an adapter for charging in vehicle.

Chipper battery + Inverter (£20) + Standard charger = Fuel efficient chainsaw.

Extra points if you have leisure battery setup in the truck (with inverter obviously) so can charge with no engines running.

Or just ask the customer.

Edited by AHPP

What bars and batteries are people going for? How was the balance? I'm planning on the 10", a 180 and a 115. Worried balance might be too far back.

Balance isnt an issue. At least, i havent found it to be so. I use the 180, 115 for back up, on a 10" bar and its nice and even. The weight between the two is marginal, not something to be concerned about. As i have said before, the 180 is normally enough for the day. Unless you're trying to do forestry with it :biggrin: