Worn out spiderjack body...

Arran Turner

Hi Arren how's you doing bud? Mite not solve the problem which you have but try a COCOON PULLY instead of a cam/saver. You will notice a big difference in every way but most of all self tending and could possible help with the wear and tear on the mechanism :thumbup:

Need a pully saver or similar soon, I'm all good man. Got just under 4 months left in NZ then back to the uk for a few of months. Hope all is well your end and business is going well

How about now? Basically if it doesn't slip you're fine. Replacing the pin early on is probably best, as I doubt the one pictured would last a week the amount of friction it will be encountering.

Also using a pulley saver definitely helps to stop it from slipping, I guess there's less resistance up top and so more friction in the actual device, which helps to ensure the cam grips well. Or something?

Need a pully saver or similar soon, I'm all good man. Got just under 4 months left in NZ then back to the uk for a few of months. Hope all is well your end and business is going well

Hi Arren yep all good fella tree work ok no we're near as much as the boys who just do the tree jobs but getting a ought for me to handle and not bust my balls trying to do to much but all good.

Shame you not back till October, would have been good to catch up at the APF. There's camping this year and a few of us are meeting up for the crack. Anyway you sort'd the s/j problem yet or what:confused1:

Hi Arren yep all good fella tree work ok no we're near as much as the boys who just do the tree jobs but getting a ought for me to handle and not bust my balls trying to do to much but all good.

Shame you not back till October, would have been good to catch up at the APF. There's camping this year and a few of us are meeting up for the crack. Anyway you sort'd the s/j problem yet or what:confused1:

Glad all is well, yeh I missed all the shows this year typical ay get back in time for winter Haha. It's winter in NZ now aswell it's been raining for 3 weeks

I think I have I am just going to keep using them til I've warn through the body completely or they start slipping even with a new cam in them. I will put pictures up of my 2 spiderjacks with warn out bodies. I need to sort out a pulley saver soon i will probably get tree tools to make me something up

Glad all is well, yeh I missed all the shows this year typical ay get back in time for winter Haha. It's winter in NZ now aswell it's been raining for 3 weeks

I think I have I am just going to keep using them til I've warn through the body completely or they start slipping even with a new cam in them. I will put pictures up of my 2 spiderjacks with warn out bodies. I need to sort out a pulley saver soon i will probably get tree tools to make me something up

Raining for 3 weeks? It's been none stop sunshine hear for at least 6 wk's with just the odd day of rain.

You doing well sticking it out over there and I see you looking at Europe now. When you finished you'll have to wright a book.

Why don't you e-mail ART and see if you can Speke to someone and go through with them the problem you havering? You never know they could help with it:thumbup: