L6 Diploma Arboriculture

Luckyleaf

As it's all modular, and given out on a session by session basis, there isn't anything you can start; however, you will be expected to complete a 7'500 word independent research project, it may be worth putting your thinking cap on what to write about, again you can't really start anything as the subject needs to be ok'd by your course lecturer.

I'm not sure how big an issue the IRP actually is, one of my recent assignments ran over 8000 words:001_rolleyes:

I think there lies the problem; not only do you have to conceive and idea you also have to do it in 7'500 words, and as you've all correctly stated that's actually not many.

Out of curiosity I've just added up my word count for my Management of Special Trees question 49'729 words....!

Hi folks,

I agree with Andrew. The IRP is the most testing piece of work and the difficulty is keeping the word count down. I'm about two weeks from submitting mine and then I am all done.

Luckyleaf, I have the reading list electronically if you want me to email it to you give me a shout and i'll forward it.

Cheers

I think there lies the problem; not only do you have to conceive and idea you also have to do it in 7'500 words, and as you've all correctly stated that's actually not many.

Out of curiosity I've just added up my word count for my Management of Special Trees question 49'729 words....!

That's a thesis on its own!

I'd agree with you on the necessity for conciseness in the IRP. I think that may be an issue with mine, when David finally agrees the proposal- which reminds me to get it in this week.

Well the work load on the L4 was tough and almost impossible, I think we had 45 assignments in 9 months so that would make the L6 ... Practically impossible :-/ if you don't need much sleep they are definitely the course for you, fall behind at your peril !!

Think merrist wood were looking at scheduling the L4 over 2 academic years just because of the amount of work involved.

But at the end of the day they are not supposed to be easy.

Hmmm sounds tricky! I have a past reading list and am planning to read as many as possible from it in advance of starting the course... Might leave it a year until I can commit a bit more time. No point starting and failing. Thanks for the info.