greenmech 19-28 blockage problems

matthew ward

hi folks, I recently bought a used greenmech 19-28 chipper. It has been a great machine with dry hard wood and most firs but I am havin constant problems with it blocking when chipping castlewellin golds and now that the leaf is on most trees, birch and sycamore etc. it has new blades in, new anvils and a new shout. has anybody else had these problems?

Cheers matt.

new style or old..

Had a lot of problems with the new ones blocking up when its wet.. Been told they don't rev as high on the computer so does not blow it out properly.. kept getting told I was only one having this problem. We solved it by shortening shoot but still occurs time to time but not as much as before

we had 3 machines. one owned and two new ones on long term hire.. The new ones mk2 have had loads of problems with blocking up.. Gone back to hire company and bought a tracked Jensen instead and not had a problem yet.. Just does not travel aswell as safetrack over bad ground

Open the top of the flywheel housing and look up the chute from below - there should be a plate following the round contour of the housing that partially closes the exit hole. This plate should be approx. as wide as the flywheel, and prevents large unchipped pieces passing around the edge of the flywheel directly up the exit chute (causing blockages). These plates can get broken off if a foreign object has gone through the machine.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Finally got the chipper sorted. tried everything, blades, anvils, belts and even a new shute, none of this worked. The lads in micheal large(my local dealer) then welded new flights to the outside of the flywheel aswell as replacing the old plate at the bottom of the shute that was pretty bent. it now chips like a demon, we have had everything through it this last two weeks including conifer and privite hedge trimmings. im well pleased.

Thanks for the advice lads

matthew ward

Hi guys.

Finally got the chipper sorted. tried everything, blades, anvils, belts and even a new shute, none of this worked. The lads in micheal large(my local dealer) then welded new flights to the outside of the flywheel aswell as replacing the old plate at the bottom of the shute that was pretty bent. it now chips like a demon, we have had everything through it this last two weeks including conifer and privite hedge trimmings. im well pleased.

Thanks for the advice lads

matthew ward

Glad it got sorted Matt, give Will and the good people at Large's my best regards when you see them next.